“Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Sterling Heights
“Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

A group of 19 stayed here for two nights. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were kept very clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your buiness and the review. Glad that your group stay was pleasant. We would look forward to having you as guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saginaw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel did not have our reservation and we did make a phone reservation two days previously. After 15 minutes they found our reservation under a misspelled name. The power went out and the hallways had no lights and the tv did not work. We were charged the full amount and I feel we should of received a discount. It was sticky in the room and the air did not work very well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hi Brian,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience due to the power outage. When matters of this nature arise we try to accommodate the guest to the best of our ability. Unfortunenately, the power outage was out of our control and this limits the guest to usage of hotel amenities. I hope that you choose to stay with us again. Please call the hotel directly and we can ensure a pleasant stay.
Chester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all, when we booked, we had to book 2 nights as 2 separate stays as we only had enough rewards points for one night and the system wouldn't let us book one night with points and one night paid. When we arrived, we were told that this wasn't a problem and we could stay in the same room for both nights. However, the woman checking us in couldn't figure out how to check us in with a reward stay. She finally called the owner, who also couldn't figure out what was going on for awhile, asked to talk to me, and only asked if I had a confirmation number (which I did). We waited almost 20 minutes for the check-in process to complete. That night, a storm came through the area and knocked out the power (not the hotel's fault). However, we spent a rather uncomfortable evening as the room was very hot and there was no emergency lighting in the room. In the morning, there was still no power, so breakfast was pretty terrible. We were in town for a wedding, so we left for the morning with plans to come back and get ready for the wedding later in the day. While we were getting ready, housekeeping knocked on our door asking when we were leaving. We told them that we were staying another night. A few minutes later, we got a call telling us that we needed to go re-check in. (Noone had told us about this earlier, but even so, we would not have been able to do so in the morning as the power was out.) When I went downstairs, the front desk didn't know what I was talking about. They finally found my reservation. I resigned the paper and put the same credit card on file for a second time and headed back to the room. About 20 minutes later, we got another knock from housekeeping, asking us if we were staying for another night. When we checked out, I mentioned that we were frustrated with the lack of the communication at the hotel. The front desk clerk immediately got defensive and said that "We do have communication." Good customer service would indicate that when a customer is frustrated, you don't argue with them, but try to make it right. Plus, the night I had to pay for cost me $118. The room and hotel was not worth it. The elevator is old and slow. There were cigarette burn marks in the ottoman, and the bathroom floor had a gross film on it. These things made the room not worth the price, but the very poor customer service was what really put me over the edge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Tynisha C, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites - Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi Chester, communication is very important and I do apologize for the lack of communication during your stay. I investigated your review and spoke with my staff on ways to improve communication and making sure that the guest is checked in a timely manner. I look forward to you staying with us again. Please call me personal.
Ironwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Checked into the hotel after a long drive from the UP of MI .... Hotel was very nice, check in process was fast and informative. Apparently there was a storm that night that I had slept through, waking up to a very dark room that was beginning to become hot. Went down stairs to find out about said storm and noticed leaves and branches. Power was out for quite some time and I felt bad for the desk clerk as she was the "face" to the hotel and everyone taking out their frustrations on her. Yes, we were all inconvenienced for a bit, but mother nature did it, not the hotel. Sure, we had to wash our hair in a tub of ice cold water, but it wasn't all that bad. "Glamping" as they say! Yes, my cell phone battery was about to die, but most people have car chargers as well. It was again, not the hotels fault! Left for the day and came back to a hotel that had power, a nice cool room as the AC unit turned back on and fell asleep in the comfortable beds that they provide. If coming back to the area, I would for sure stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tynisha C, Regional Director at Baymont Inn and Suites - Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you very much Linda and we appreciate your understanding and your supportive to the hotel and staff.

We are delighted to have you as a customer again at Baymont Inn & Suites in the near future.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and please contact us to make your next reservation and we'll make sure to make it fair for you to give us that additional chance.

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites - Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!