“Not the best Hampton” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Calgary, Canada
“Not the best Hampton”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

The hotel is very dated, which usually doesn't bother me if the location fits, but tied in with the brutal noise from the highway out front I probably wouldn't stay here again. On the plus side staff were very friendly.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

My family and I were on our way home from Chicago to Detroit Sunday afternoon when we came upon some very bad weather. I-94 was closed down do to a nasty accident so we decided to overnight it at the Hampton Inn. We were able to get the last room because the hotel was booking fast because of the weather. I have to say that it was a really nice hotel. The man at the front desk was great. The room was comfy and all the extra's helped alot like free internet and breakfast. We didnt take advantage of the pool but it looked really clean and nice. All in all we had a good nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Liked — Great beds
  • Disliked — Only had smoking room left so it did have a bit of a smell but not that bad.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

Flight cancellation led us to this hotel near the airport. Hampton Inn was very accomodating - gave us bottled water to drink and 2 ice scrappers for the ice storm that came. Recommended restaurants that delivered food so that my family could eat due to this disruption. Freshly baked cookies greeted us at the front desk! Very clean basic rooms, fairly good internet, breakfast so-so. Staff excellent!!

Stayed December 2007
Canton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

We've stayed at several different Hampton Inns a couple years ago while traveling out west. Each breakfast was delicious, the beds and rooms were comfortable and clean, and the staff very courteous and welcoming.

We looked forward to this trip too. However, this time we were a little disapponited with the room itself. The road noise was very intrusive, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows - talk about small. Very small throw-type pillows.

So, that's why the average rating.

Stayed September 2007
yunghart
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

I came to Kalamazoo to visit my mother in the hospital and I was pleasantly surprised. The price was comparable to other hotels but you get so much more out of it and don't have to worry about cleanliness. The lady at the front desk was very nice and even booked a cab for me. I'll be sure to stay with this Hampton Inn anytime I am ever in the area again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Everythin was great
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo

Address: 1550 E. Kilgore Rd., Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Location: United States > Michigan > Kalamazoo County > Kalamazoo
#4 Family Hotel in Kalamazoo
#5 Romantic Hotel in Kalamazoo
Hotel Class:2.5 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, AmericInn Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo Hampton Inn

If you own or manage AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.