“Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Baraboo, Wisconsin
“Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here because the 1st time was really good. As before, we were treated very well by the staff. The property is a little hard to find the 1st time as they share the same entrance way with another property. Our room was clean and comfortable and looked like it had been updated some since we were last there in 9/2012 as we had the same room (we requested it when making reservations) this time. The only downside of this room we had was the fact that we are shorter people and the bed is so high which makes for it being hard to get into it. Once in the bed we had a good nights sleep. Also the shower head is mean't for taller people to adjust.

When we woke up on Sunday morning there was a note left under our door that the pool had been closed for cleaning and maintenance effective 5/19/2013 unti 5/24/2013. We had come to find out later that something had happened the previous night that the pool had been contaminated because of someone swimming in it. It kind of sucked because our 2 great grandkids do enjoy going swimming when we visit. It went ov er better when our great granddaughter saw the water was gone.

Room Tip: We always stay on the backside of the property as the property faces the intersate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Not sure if I want to write a review of this place and let the secret out! For what it is, I give it 4 stars. Is it the Ritz? No, but I can't remember many times where I've been this comfy in a regular old hotel. It has been newly renovated, and the rooms even smell new. I had an accessible room on the first floor, and the room was huge. Because it was accessible, it had a large tiled entry and large bathroom. The first floor rooms have higher ceilings which added to it feeling larger. Best of all: the hotel was QUIET! Now, this could vary depending on who is staying there at the time (i.e., sports teams) but I didn't hear a thing when I was here....I think the soundproofing is better than comparable hotels where you usually hear/feel every opening or closing of any door on the hall. Room was totally clean. Breakfast was big for this type of hotel and had something for everyone, I personally don't eat a lot of bread or carbs but they even had egg and meat options. The only thing that was lacking was a fridge in the room, and the pool looked a little tired/unappealing, so if that's important to you, take notice. I honestly didn't want to leave the room the next day, which is extremely unusual for me as I usually hate hotel rooms! Right off 94, perfect for traveling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
BRANPLB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently reserved and prepaid for this hotel through Priceline on the 2 1/2 Star level. We were very pleased with the hotel, amenities, and staff. We stayed for 3 nights and were always greeted pleasantly by the staff when we would return at the end of the day. The hot breakfast was ample and fresh. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The only inconvenience was the location and getting into the hotel from the Street was a little tricky but once you get the hang of it it isn't all that bad and definatly worth it for the price right off I-94 in Kalamazoo!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the back side away from I-94 if the traffic noise bothers you.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Allen Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great price. Rooms were clean. Breakfast choices were wonderful. Susan at the front desk couldn't have been more friendly and willing to help. However, pool had a green tint around the edges. Other than the pool, our stay was everything we expect from a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Allen Park, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel at a great price. Room, lobby, and breakfast area were fresh, updated, and clean. Room was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
The pool unfortunately did not follow suit with the rest of the hotel. It was in desperate need of a cleaning. The walls and floor appeared to be coated in algae, giving the water a green hue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, modern and quiet with a nice sized flat screen TV. Breakfast was much better and extensive than other breakfasts buffets that I have experienced and the food was very good. All and all a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KalamazooAI_GM, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay with us in Kalamazoo. It is so good to hear that the staff and amenities were satisfactory for you. I do hope you had the opportunity to try our pool and hot tub during your visit, and the use of the complimentary high speed internet. Thank you and hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest in the future!
Sincerely
T Graham
Andrews, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel based on prior reviews on Trip Advisor. It proved to be a good choice. While Kalamazoo is my hometown and I love to visit my recent trips have been due to the failing health of my sister. I normally stay at her house but she was at Bronson Hospital and I did not want to intrude on other family. Being my first hotel stay without the husband I was a bit apprehensive but upon my arrival the hotel staff put me at ease. The room was clean, bed super comfy and Sunday morning breakfast plentiful. My only concern was that my room was without a smoke detector, I mentioned it when checking out and was told they could not get it to stop beeping. While I appreciate that, surely another one could have been purchased and put in. This will not stop me from staying again as my overall experience was good. Just what I needed after a long, stressful day at the hospital.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KalamazooAI_GM, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello,
I would like to thank you for all of your feedback. You had several wonderful things to say about your visit with us, and I would like you to know your comments are very important! The staff will know what a wonderful job they did at making your stay with us pleasant. Planning a trip around extenuating circumstances are not always the easiest and our goal is always to take away never add to any stress factors that may be out there! As for the smoke detector - I must say - you did not receive the best answer there! You are correct a new one should have been installed or the room not sold until maintenance could correct the problem. Please be aware that there is a separate monitoring system in the hotel that will sense and alarm the property as well as a third party vendor of any dangerous situations. The response you were provided is being addressed with the staff and corrected immediately!
All in all it seems you enjoyed your stay - and I do hope that means we will see you again!