“First solo trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Andrews, IN
“First solo trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I chose this hotel based on prior reviews on Trip Advisor. It proved to be a good choice. While Kalamazoo is my hometown and I love to visit my recent trips have been due to the failing health of my sister. I normally stay at her house but she was at Bronson Hospital and I did not want to intrude on other family. Being my first hotel stay without the husband I was a bit apprehensive but upon my arrival the hotel staff put me at ease. The room was clean, bed super comfy and Sunday morning breakfast plentiful. My only concern was that my room was without a smoke detector, I mentioned it when checking out and was told they could not get it to stop beeping. While I appreciate that, surely another one could have been purchased and put in. This will not stop me from staying again as my overall experience was good. Just what I needed after a long, stressful day at the hospital.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KalamazooAI_GM, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello,
I would like to thank you for all of your feedback. You had several wonderful things to say about your visit with us, and I would like you to know your comments are very important! The staff will know what a wonderful job they did at making your stay with us pleasant. Planning a trip around extenuating circumstances are not always the easiest and our goal is always to take away never add to any stress factors that may be out there! As for the smoke detector - I must say - you did not receive the best answer there! You are correct a new one should have been installed or the room not sold until maintenance could correct the problem. Please be aware that there is a separate monitoring system in the hotel that will sense and alarm the property as well as a third party vendor of any dangerous situations. The response you were provided is being addressed with the staff and corrected immediately!
All in all it seems you enjoyed your stay - and I do hope that means we will see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Loved the rooms comfort all the way! Staff was great and breakfast was perfect! I felt like I was at a high class hotel, calls to check up on how we enjoyed our room, and was super surprised that I was picked as customer of the day! Thanks for the goodies!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband chose the best hotel to stay in. I enjoyed everything! Slept well! Classy decor in the bathroom, and a lot of space to put our things. We loved the breakfast including the pastries, fruits, etc..Close to everything you needed for a great time outside of the hotel, like restaurants and shopping. Thank you so much Americinn for a great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel is in a great position very close to the highway and all the restaurants. It is new inside and very clean. The fron desk is very helpful. There is a computer available if you do not bring one. Breakfast is excellent (waffle, fresh fruit, eggs, bread etc.) and in the evening they offer excellent cookies, very soft and yummy, my kids loved them. We had planned 2 nights and were very happy to get a third one with Priceline in the same hotel. My only critique is that one of the bed was not hard enough for my back and I would have liked a second nightstand where to put glasses, book etc. We had 2 beds and we were three in the room; there was one nightstand in the middle of the two beds. For the two people sleeping on the second -or first- bed, that is an inconvenience. Aside from that, I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful... The room was very nice.. clean... and had everything we expected. Breakfast was one of the best I've ever had when staying in a hotel. The location is close to the highway and to good restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great hotel, new room furniture, classy decor, great breakfast, comfy bed, quiet room, very clean, close to highway. Only bad thing was pool was closed for repairs. Fresh cookies were delicious! We were in town for a one night stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

really nice stay. the front desk worker, drew, was very helpful. we called him various times and he was very helpful and recommended an awesome place to eat at. he even shoveled a path in the parking lot for me and my girlfriend!

Room Tip: room 301 call between 11pm and 7am because drew is so helpful.