“Very Nice, Well-Maintained, Professional Staff” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1550 E. Kilgore Rd., Kalamazoo, MI 49001   |
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Scottsdale
“Very Nice, Well-Maintained, Professional Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Lots of nice added touches. High quality beds, nice furniture in rooms and common areas, along with a nice breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, omelets). Fresh baked cookies around 6pm. For a mid-priced hotel, they go the extra mile. Certainly a step above the fairly nice hotel I was in last week for the same price. They also have a cash-back rewards program. Very good value.

For the price, it is well worth the 5 rating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Willis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We loved this hotel. The rooms were very nice, the price reasonable and the breakfast very complete. But the best thing is the staff. Every single person we came in contact with went the extra mile to make us welcome and ensure that we had a great stay. I highly recommend AmericInn Kalamazoo.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We needed to reserve a room at last minute & the staff at Americinn Kalamazoo went above & beyond to make sure that everything about our stay was remarkable! The entire hotel was very clean ( compared to other hotel that we stayed in!!) & we will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Kalamazoo!! Thanks again to all the staff for making us feel "right at home!!"
Terry, Sharon & Cameron Brasseaux
Lafayette, LA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were in town for a lacrosse tournament and I think I got the last hotel room in the Kalamzoo area. It was by fluke that I ended up BACK at this hotel's website...they must not have been showing availability the first time. I believe this is an old Hampton Inn, as the layout and rooms looked as such. The staff was always friendly and accomodating, from when I called in advance with special room requests (the associate I spoke with "assigned" us to a specific room that faced the quieter back, on the third floor, and had always been a non-smoking room), to "welcoming" us back from our games, to having to cancel the un-needed (read, we lost our last game) second second night's stay. (When I made the reservation, interestingly the website only allowed me to book it for 2 consecuitve nights.) Rooms were very bland in their decor, but clean and comfortable. One major plus here (like most Hampton's, I think) was having 2 QUEEN beds, rather than doubles. My wife and I have a king bed, and once you're used to that kind of real estate, going to a double (when you've got the kids with you in the other bed) is never comfortable. At least with a queen bed, we can still have our own space! Complimentary breakfast buffet was as expected quality-wise, but it was plentiful and offered a lot of choices, hot and cold--even cottage cheese, which I don't think you usually find in these types of free breakfasts. The kids always like it anyway (esp the waffle maker); I just like that it's included, that it's right there, and that I can grab some cereal and milk, a piece of fruit, and a cup of coffee. Indoor pool was fine for the kids too. Overall, a fair rate (about ($90 with AAA) for a very pleasant stay at a well-run hotel.

Room Tip: As others have mentioned, the front faces busy I94. Reqeust a room facing the back for a little mor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dover, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here at the end of June for two nights while attending a graduation party. The rooms were nice. It was advertised as a grand opening special rate but the hotel wasn't new. Still it was clean and we were satisfied with the rate. I thought the breakfast was nice. Waffles are always a favorite with my son. Nice selection of pastries fruit and cereals. The hotel isn't very sound proof. My sister had a room over the lobby area and could hear the employees sitting outside on a bench talking all night. When she told her husband where the noise was coming from they turned on the bench and looked up at her room. Windows were closed and she wasn't speaking loudly. All in all it was a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We got a package deal for the hotel and Air Zoo at a wonderful price. We where a bit hesitant to stay because of some of the reviews. We where very happy that we did because the hotel was wonderful. The rooms where updated, and clean. The staff where over the top helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good. A nice variety for being free. We would absolutely return AND recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2012
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

Great customer service from time of reservation thru checkout. Stayed for a short night prior to soccer tourney at Loy Norrix. Super location for events there and very easy access from I-94. Rooms up to date, however thought bed was a bit soft for my liking and shower/tub seems smaller than average.. Breakfast was fair.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!