“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo

You added Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3600 E Cork St, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Formerly Clarion Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Sturgis, Michigan
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed in motels all over the USA and also in Riga, Latvia. This is by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had. Great condition and beautiful and the bed was absolutely so comfortable - I felt like taking it home with me.

People very friendly and helpful and everything was just great. Will absolutely return and will look for other Four Point hotels when I travel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hi bdebord22,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! Our Four Comfort Beds are a favorite with many travelers. I will let our staff know about your kind comments. We hope you can visit again soon!

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My young son and I were stranded here in Kalamazoo for a night after our flight was cancelled. There was a huge blizzard but the poor staff who had to come to work in it treated us so well. There is a convenient airport shuttle. Nice warm pool which we enjoyed while watching the snow pile up outside. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Dinner was fantastic in the lobby restaurant...way better than usual hotel food. Rooms are very nice and clean with big squishy linens and pillows on the beds. One of the nicest overall hotel stays I have had. Thank you so much! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello Jamey,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit unplanned. I hope you can come back and enjoy our hotel and restaurant without being snowed in. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a 20 minute trip to Kalamazoo and take the children swimming. We picked The Four Points and had the pool to ourselves.
Our room was a double queen, very clean and easy to move in to.
We stopped by the Lounge and had FREE barbecue, a Wednesday deal. The Bartender (Nate) was world class, styling and profiling. Kept busy by all the linemen for out of state, but never flustered and always on top of his Bar.
The lobby, lounge, pool, and room were all fresh and clean. It was well below zero outside but the indoor pool was steaming warm.
One setback was no coffee for the pot in our room, but that was solved with the big Coffee station in the Lobby.
We also saw the hotel is Pet Friendly!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi DW,

Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure Nate knows about your glowing review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Manager’s Reception with complementary barbeque, beer, and wine. You are correct that we do allow dogs under 50 pounds at the hotel. Come back and see us again soon, and bring your furry friend!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points while traveling on business. The important things were there: the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable--in fact, it was one of the most comfortable beds I have experienced at this level of hotel. Since many hotels can't even get these things right, I feel I can give this property a 4-star review. However, several things rubbed me the wrong way: First, my room key was initially programmed incorrectly, requiring me to walk back with my luggage to the front desk and back to my room again (which was at the far end of the hotel). Second, the trim and the furniture showed signs of definite wear: many scuff marks and scratch marks. Finally, I did not appreciate the soap and shampoo being kept in a "dispenser" in the shower. I realize that Sheraton will probably contend that they are "saving the environment" by not providing individual bottles, however I was paying $70+ a night to shower in a hotel, not a gym locker room.

I was a bit nervous about staying at another Sheraton Four Points property after a negative experience I had at the Sheraton Four Points Lexington (Kentucky). That property is an unmitigated disaster (look it up on TripAdvisor to see some horror stories). I can now say that at least the Sheraton Four Points in Kalamazoo provided me with a comfortable room and a good night's sleep, for which I feel I received my money's worth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hotel is right off I-94 and easy to get to. The lobby has been re-done so it's bright and welcoming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The workout room is about what you would expect from a hotel... 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 stationary bike, 1 recumbent bike, a Roman chair, a rack of free weights, a couple of benches and a few yoga mats for stretching. All in all, very adequate for a hotel.

The wireless kept dropping and you would have to re-connect every 15 minutes or so. But it was free so maybe you get what you pay for!

Some rooms have a refrigerator and some do not and we never got a good answer as to why. We had 2 rooms at the same rate, one came with a frig the other did not and if we wanted one in that room it was an additional $10. That was a little odd.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel is right off of I-94. Very easy on/off location. The staff was friendly, and check in was quick and efficient. The hotel is a pet friendly hotel (if you have allergies - be aware of that). Beds were very comfortable, room was layed out well and had plenty of space. Interesting set up for the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner - attached to the wall and had a pump. This seemed like a cheap option for a Sheraton.

Room Tip: Rooms are very loud on the Interstate side of the building, ask to face the parking lot. Room was s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here in Kalamazoo. Hearing that Location, Comfort, and Staff were the main factors in your satisfaction; brings a smile to our face as these are the three things that we love as well with our hotel.

The Starwood family is taking an active approach toward sustainability and minimizing our carbon footprint. The shower dispensers are one of the tools that we are using to achieve this. Thank you again for choosing the Four Points in Kalamazoo and look forward to welcoming you back!

Until then, Safe travels.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Right off Interstate 94 this was a great "Pet Friendly" spot for our first night on a cross country trip. Reception staff friendly and very helpful. Large pet area close to building exit for our room. The room was clean and bright; the large indoor pool area had no hot tub and the exercise room was a bit small, but overall it was excellent value for the money. The hot breakfast buffet was a bonus!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that you were able to stay for breakfast. When you are on your next adventure be sure to stop in and say hi! Until then, Safe travels.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!