“My Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Jackson
“My Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I want to say that the help was very pleasant and helpful and the lady that checked me out her name was Lynn was very nice and ask if we had any problems and I said no. This was the firsttime staying at a Econo Lodge an will say I will stay again, The room was very nice and I like that the room had a couch in it to sit on and watch tv instead of having to sit on the bed and watch tv and the bed was very comfortable. I would say tat for the money it was well worth it and will make sure that I tell my friends an family to stay there also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan F, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are happy that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you again next time you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Normal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this location due to is proximity to the stadium. Upon arrival, we checked in and went to our room. We found that there were no alarm clocks and no hair dryers. This was an immediate turn off. The room was very dated and the carpet in very poor condition. The tub was in very worn condition also. The heater in our room ran every few minutes and each time sounded like a motorcycle was racing through the room and therefore, we had to turn the heat off during our stay. We could not switch rooms given it was 12:00am when we went to our room and we had to be on the road at 6:00am the following morning.

The bedding appeared in good condition and clean.

The staff was completed overwhelmed and alone when we arrived and it took over 25 minutes to get checked in and given our keys. He did apologize, but this still does not bode well for road weary travelers.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan F, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about the problem you had with your room during your stay. We take pride in our rooms and I see that we failed in the instance. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to service you again in the future. Sincerely - Ryan Fisher AGM
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I needed a place to stay when our power was out, they were very helpful. The room was very clean and the flat screen tv's are really a nice touch! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends!! Thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ryan F, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks for the review! We're very happy to hear you had a good stay and enjoyed our new 32inch flat screen TVs.
Ligonier, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

i was traveling through and needed a place to stay. while i was here i had excellent service, i enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality. the manager was very professional, his staff was excellent. when i had a issue this maintenance guy ron, achknowleged the problem and fixed it right away

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan F, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for you kind response. We strive to maintain a comfortable and professional environment. If you are every in the area again feel free to come visit.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

well kept rooms, good service, clean laundry and overall excellent service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I believe that this hotel has a lot of potential for even greater gain of income and help. My business trip was a hard one with this weather lately.Colder then usual, as I hate the cold, the rooms were great and warm to the perfect temperature. thanks econo and all the employes their for a comfortable trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I am glad that we could make your buisness trip an enjoyable one. Come back and visit us anytime.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was in an apt. fire this past April 2012 and found out my apt. became uninhabitable. After staying in many hotels/motels since, I arrived at the Econo Lodge in July 2012. I was greeted by an extremely courteous, well-informed and friendly Jessica (FD person) who in turn introduced me to Ron of maintenance to make sure room was in tip-top shape. I was floored! I received as much attention as I did while staying at the Waldorf Astoria in New York. The Housekeeping team were equaly as great-----Christina and Serenia were outstanding as they made sure I had everything I needed and came to the room with huge smiles on their faces! Couldn't believe these women had smiles amidst the back-breaking career of housekeeping. When I was without something to read, Leah at FD always found something for me. And Ryan, mgr., had the patience, professionalism and compassion needed when dealing with many questions on my part and on the parts of other guests, as well. It is such a blessing to have 24/7 FD staff -- especially Kevin and J.C., their attentiveness is beyond compare. Overall, my experience has been pleasant and positive and highly exceeded my expectations!! Ron, from maintenance even made sure there was a microwave and fridge in the room for my convenience! I only wish there were a "monthly" rate.

Room Tip: Ask for room with King sized bed and sofa-sleeper if traveling SOLO. Also, Econo will ususally acco...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ryan F, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your kind words Ver0nique222. It is always our mission at the Econo Lodge to ensure guests have a pleasant and positive stay.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My friend & I had to book a room here during Homecoming weekend at the last minute. We knew going in that it wouldn't be a very nice hotel, but we didn't realize how crappy it would be.

It's dirty, the carpet's stained, things are gross, the shampoo they left has been used & is half empty, there's a draft coming from the window making half the room freezing, etc. I don't even want to walk around without shoes on, so I've been wearing flip flops around the room. This whole motel looks like it's never been properly cleaned. Just a cursory job from the housekeeper. Our heater just needs a wipe down to remove some gunk, but that's apparently too much for her.

The straw that broke the camel's back? We have no remote. The front desk girl is a liar who told me that the housekeeper would come to our room with one. She never showed up. I called back and the girl laughed and apologized and said she must have forgotten. Then she hung up on me. Unsure if she was going to send one up to us or not, my friend called back down and she said "If the housekeeper never brought you one, we're out." I don't care that the hotel doesn't have enough remotes for each room (I'm sure they've been stolen, and this place clearly has no money with which to pay for new ones), I care about the fact that she lied. Who did she think she was helping? I'm more angry that she lied than the fact that there's no remote. As a kid, I had to get up and change the tv by hand, so no big deal.

Totally irritating. I'm leaving this review in multiple places so more people can see it. If you're thinking this is a decent deal? It's not. Run. Run to even the Red Roof Inn. You'll have better luck there. Of all the hotels I've stayed at in Kalamazoo (many, since I often stayed with my parents when they came to visit me as a student), this is the 2nd worst.

By the way, though there were no bedbugs (surprisingly, actually), the mattresses are stained and nasty. Don't look at them unless you have to-though I would actually make sure there are no bedbugs.

Room Tip: None of these rooms are any good, but go for a suite if you absolutely have to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and I apologize for any inconveniences. Over the last few months I have made it a priority to ensure that others do not encounter such problems. We have recently updated our TVs and now have 32inch flat screens in every room.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!