“Sleek and modern” 5 of 5 stars

Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Sleek and modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on location Based on its proximity to downtown brewpubs. It is a safe and easy to block walk to the beer exchange and three blocks to Bells.

The hotel is modern And luxurious. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Parking is $15 for self park and $20 for valet.

There is complimentary shuttle service.

Highly recommend you to book the breakfast for one dollar. We found this on the specials section of the webpage. For one dollar we receive two complimentary passes for the breakfast buffet at BUrdicks. This was located on the second floor of the Radison. The buffet was excellent. It included hey I'm at station bacon sausage gravy biscuits fresh fruit fresh Squeezed orange juice smoothies yogurts and breads.

• Stayed July 2013
Amber A, Front Desk Public Relations at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in downtown Kalamazoo! We definitely enjoy being in such close proximity to all of our unique downtown restaurants and bars. Since you had fun visiting the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange and Bell's Brewery, we hope you will visit us again and try out the Central City Tap House, it is another one of our local favorites!

The fresh squeezed orange juice at Burdick's for Breakfast is one of our favorite morning treats, and we are so glad you were able to enjoy it by using one of our online packages! We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future!

Amber and the Front Desk Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Poor customer service. I reported the broken coffee pot my first morning after check-in and shame on me for not checking it until the next morning ... Only to find the water still in the reservoir and the machine broken. For a facility touting its "Green" initiatives it's missing the boat on its water conservation; it would take on average 10-15 minutes of running the water to get a Luke warm shower. When I reported this I received a free drink coupon at the bar. On the positive, the steak house on the second floor was outstanding with great food ( perfect steak) and warm, engaging staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello,

We are so sorry to hear about the difficulties you had during your stay with us. We are already working on our hot water situation, and hope to have it repaired soon. We will pass along your comment about the coffee pot to the relevant parties so that we can prevent this delay from happening in the future.

I am glad you were able to enjoy a meal at Webster's, our steak house. They are truly one of our greatest points of pride here at the Radisson in Kalamazoo, and we are thrilled to be able to pass your compliments on to them!

We hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future, and try a meal at Zazios, they have delightful had crafted pastas that we are sure you would enjoy!

-Amber and the Radisson Front Office Team
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here for a brief business stay and was thoroughly impressed. The staff is top notch and the hotel itself is well designed with great attention to detail. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for any reason and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello!

We are truly thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We definitely pride ourselves on our staff, and are glad that they were able to 'wow' you with their wonderful customer service!

We hope that when you have reason to come back to Kalamazoo, you will stay with us again!

-Amber and the Front Desk Team
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

It's in the middle of town close to everything that we wanted to do. I really don't have much to say because it was only a night. The room and bathroom was clean, the front desk was very friendly and informative.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amber A, Front Desk Public Relations at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Being situated so close to everything in the downtown area is definitely one of our favorite things about our Kalamazoo location. Perhaps in the future you might like to visit for a downtown Kalamazoo Art Hop or one of our Arcadia Creek summer festivals. We hope that you will come and visit us again soon!
Zionsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I found myself in Kalamazoo for a pipe organ conference. The Radisson Plaza Hotel was the "official" hotel, giving attractive room and parking rates to conference participants. I understand that the hotel has been recently redone. No significant complaints whatsoever. Very friendly staff. Clean, quiet room. Shower head leaves a bit to be desired, but I got myself and my hair (I have shoulder length hair.) clean!

I tried two hotel restaurants. Old Burdick's Bar and Grill offers typical pub fare. It is a sports bar with plenty of televisions. My hamburger was just fine. They offer half-price discounts to students on Wednesdays and Sundays. That is a really nice gesture and explained why the place was packed on 'Sunday night, even in the summer. Alas, I remember when I was a college student! There are two colleges here: Kalamazoo and University of Western Michigan.

Tonight I dined at Webster's Prime, a fairly fancye steakhouse, and the only one I could find in Kalamazoo. I chose the Tasting Room over the more formal dining room. The ambience was outstanding, with Impressionist, neoImpressionist, and even Expressionist art. (The server told me that the art changes montly, and they really like this collection.) She was very friendly, and the filet was prepared as ordered. She recommended the asparagus, and I was disappointed. It was dry and tasteless. The table was wobbly. Obviously, I am nitpicking. This steakhouse is just fine, and it is probably the only one in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Radisson in Kalamazoo! We are definitely proud of our lounge space in the Webster's restaurant, we are lucky to have access to some wonderful local art, and are thrilled that you were able to appreciate it while you were here.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences with us; we will be sure to pass along your feedback to the restaurant, and make sure our tables receive any necessary repairs.

Since you were able to try out two of our three restaurants, we hope that at some point you will be able to enjoy a meal at Zazios, our modern Italian restaurant. Please come visit again soon!
kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was awesome. Took the kids to the pool and a man from the club was there swimming laps and kept YELLING at my kids. He was very rude. I don't like the mix of the gym membership people using the hotel pool. When I go to a hotel with my kids I pick one with a pool and this guy ruined it for us.

• Stayed April 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience in our pool area! We certainly understand your frustration, and hope that in the future we will be able to mediate any future issues between various pool patrons.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again, so that we can build a better experience for you in Kalamazoo!
DETROIT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Start off this my second visit this month to Radisson Plaza Hotel like always service was exceptional. When we arrived our room wasn't ready but Mark told us it would be about 30 minutes and offered us amenity coupons which was fine with me. I was upgraded to a Manhattan Suite which was outstanding and included the Concierge Lounge. Friday night Amber was the Hostess and even though I don't know her like Allison and Erin she is really nice. Second night Erin was the Hostess and she is so cool and nice and lets you know things that's going on in the area. Eventhough Allison wasn't working the Concierge Lounge but we ran into her leaving to go to Island Festival so we gave her a big hug because she feels like family now. It's always a good feeling when you arrive to a Hotel that you're excited to see Allison and Erin again to hear how they have been since your last visit. Oh and I can't forget Joe at Burdicks Breakfast, he gives great service and conversations just like Allison and Erin. Before I forget the very nice Lady that does the OJ, Smoothies, Fruit at the Breakfast Buffet is amazing but I don't know her name because every time I see her we talk about everything else LOL.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Amber A, Front Desk/Concierge staff at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We are thrilled that you feel at home here at the Radisson! We are glad that you enjoyed your room upgrade, and utilize the ability to relax in the concierge lounge. It is wonderful that you feel comfortable connecting with our staff, and we hope that you will come back again soon and visit your new Kalamazoo friends!

We look forward to seeing you again,

-Amber

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center? Share your experiences!