“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Houghton Lake, MI
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband & I stayed here because we were in town for a car show at the Gilmore Museum in Hickory Corners. Our room number was 557 & we had a king suite with a whirlpool. The bedroom was separate from the living room. There was a mini kitchen w/an apartment size fridge w/a freezer, microwave, dishwasher & coffee maker that uses coffee pods (not a Keirug). Free Wi-Fi too! Furniture in living room was comfy but we didn't use the sofa bed, as was the king-sized bed w/quality linens & good pillows. The toilet, shower & whirlpool were in a separate room from the vanity area which was well lit & had 2 sinks & a granite countertop. The closet was a decent size and there's a full length mirror next to the hallway door.

We ate at Webster's and found the food DELICIOUS! I think it was the best salmon I've ever eaten! My husband had a great tenderloin steak too. The hotel has a few nice shops as well, but you're also just steps away from the Kalamazoo pedestrian mall. No car needed! I used the fitness center which had state of the art (Precor) treadmills and ellipticals as well as Nautilus equipment & free weights. Bring your own ear buds or purchase for $3 so you can enjoy the TV attached to the machines.

Every staff member was kind & helpful and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The only reason I gave it 4 "stars" is because the shower ran out of hot water at 10:45 am.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank for you taking the time to give a detailed description of your room and visit to our hotel. I am happy that you got to enjoy one of our Manhattan Suites (we owe you commission for your excellent room summary). Webster's is amazing- I hope that you got to try some of the pretzel bread.

We are extremely sorry for the issue with hot water. Our boilers were having trouble and while our Engineering team addressed this immediately, I am sorry you were inconvenience in the first place. As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
The Kalamazoo Radisson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
brighton, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel staff were very helpful...We were permitted to check in in the morning and were abel to get a late check out as well. Our room was GREAT... We enjoyed one of their "business suites" suites that had a kitchen and a separate bedroom with a king size bed... The room was clean and furnishings and carpet modern and new looking. The fitness and spa/indoor pool are actually part of a fitness club and the facilities far exceed what a typical hotel has to offer. The staff, service and the facilities were all great...

Room Tip: Check out the various types of suites for a better than average room... There are several different...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Good evening,

We value your feedback and the time that you spent telling others about your stay with us, thank you. Great to hear that you got to spend time in Kalamazoo Athletic Club, our workout facility- maybe next time you will even get to throw in a spin class!

The Kalamazoo Radisson Team
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had never stayed at a Radisson property before and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. There was a conference I was attending and this was the host hotel. I expected a subpar hotel but was I wrong. This was a wonderful property with a great room, great downtown location where you could walk to several delightful restaurants and best of all the people were friendly and helpful. From the minute I dropped my car off at the valet parking I felt welcomed and appreciated. The front desk lady was very helpful in directing me on the location for the conference in the hotel, even came out from behind the desk to show me where to go. She couldn't have been nicer. The room was very nice and clean and spacious. The local weather wasn't great but you can't do anything about that, but the warmth from the staff made up for it. When I ordered breakfast via room service, I expected it to take some time but when she said she would have my food in 10 minutes, I couldn't believe it and it did arrive as promised--hot and delicious. I would definitely stay here again if ever I was in the area. I was kind of sad to leave after 3 nights.

Hello,

Admittedly, we have no chance on winning the heat competition with Houston! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments you gave our hotel. We are excited that you had such a great time and were able to experience Kalamazoo.

We hope that you do return and we get the opportunity to host you again.

Take care,
Michelle and the Kalamazoo Radisson
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Radisson in the city center to walk to the great local restaurants. We spent a little extra and got on the concierge floor. The Concierge lounge was comfortable, Antoine was our bartender, he was fun and a great host. The staff was friendly and professional. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would definitely return whenever I am in Kalamazoo.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you for visiting us from Chicago and for sharing your experience with others. We are very lucky to have Antwan and I will be sure that pass along your compliments. When you return, I recommend a visit to our Chef's Table in Zazio's- it is a wonderful experience! Please contact the hotel and ask for Amber, she can make sure that you have all of the reservations and local tips that you may want.

The Kalamazoo Radisson
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed here for WMU commencement and was really pleased with the hotel and it's staff. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The only reason I didn't give an excellent was the bathroom was tiny! It's close to where we went for dinner, so no driving needed which makes it very nice and safer. We would certainly suggest this hotel for a stay in Kalamazoo!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations on your recent Western Graduate!

I am sorry to hear that the bathroom was not up to your standards. We hope that you will return soon and we can have the opportunity to upgrade you to one of our suites with larger bathrooms.

Thank you for suggesting us to others!

Michelle and the entire Radisson Team
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed 4 days and was coming in at very late hours and sleeping until the afternoons and had total quiet and comfortable surroundings in my room and throughout the hotel. An awesome lobby with inside shops, bars and restaurants. Everything I needed was close by. The staff was always helpful, courteous, and treated me like the "guest" that i was. I will happily return.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 7th floor and the curtains were able to close and block out the sunlight enough so t...
Hello,

We know your time is important and valuable- thank you for using it to talk about how hotel with others. We are very happy to hear that we succeeded at offering the basic service, quality sleep. Guest relationships are important to us and a constant focus in our culture. We love to hear about guests that we 'get it right' for and are made to feel appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

The Radisson Plaza, KalamazooTeam
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Beautiful renovations since last visit, but still poorly staffed. We were attending a meeting and hotel was sold out. No surprise that they would be busy. Only one person at front desk, and two very busy bellman trying to keep up with retrieving luggage and cars. The club floor was a huge disappointment as a continental breakfast was whisked away at 8 am. Not everyone there had to be at meetings by 8 am. No fruit and cold oatmeal that was so thick, you didn't need a bowl since none was provided anyway. 2 drink limit per room which is totally fine, but offer higher end beverages! Club floor NOT worth the up charge.

Hello Pamela,

Thank you for the feedback, we value it very much. I would love to speak with you directly and get more information on what type of beverages you would like to see offered in 100 West. Currently, we offer top-shelf liquors, standard American lagers and seasonal micro brews from local breweries. We are always open to suggestions and more than happy to get your drink of choice on an individual basis. If you decide to visit us again (which we hope you will), please do not hesitate to ask- we love to fulfill needs and exceed expectations!

Michelle M
269-343-3333

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center? Share your experiences!