“Nice, But Nothing Special!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 20%
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Michigan
“Nice, But Nothing Special!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

In the K-Zoo area visiting family and stayed here for one night. The place is nice, but nothing special. The beds were hard as were the pillows. Incredibly noisy in the pool area with only several children in there. Need something in there to supress the noise and echos from kids screaming. Bathroom in our room was incredibly small.

We have stayed at better, quieter places for a lot less money. Take the time and check the area....there are better if you are not only interested in trying to impress someone by telling them you were staying at the Radisson!

Room Tip: Check area listings for other places!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tyler W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Dear Charles B,

Thank You for your honest review. I am so sorry to hear about the misunderstanding concerning the cleaning of your room. We will be sure to figure out where the issue was and correct it so this doesn't happen again. We hope the rest of your stay was pleasant and that you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,

Tyler Wiltse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
chesterfield, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding and so got a lower group rate @ 149 / nite. While a nice hotel, don't see paying this much or more on a normal nite in Kalamazoo in winter. If driving, the entrance is easy to miss and then you have to go all the way around again. Service was friendly. The decor was retro.

Room Tip: Huge hotel so closer to the elevator is helpful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hickory Corners
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent property - newly remodeled - comportabler room with free internet - great fitness center/pool - excellent food and variety of restaurants - fabulous staff - wonerful meeting facilities - great parking with covered walkway - in the heart of Kalamazoo's entertainment center - only minutes to the Amtrak Station, Western Michigan University and Kalamzoo Collegea

Room Tip: great concierge suite on the ninth floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We held our annual fundraising party for about 400 people at the Radisson (Eat Drink Give). The venue itself is beautiful and was the perfect setting for our party. I love the new and modern-looking renovations to the ballroom and the lighting (and all the fabulous options for lighting) are very cool. A very nice addition to our event. (Lighting IS everything!)

I can't say enough great things about the staff at the Radisson. From their all-star sales team to the bell stand, front desk, restaurant staff, banquet staff and convention services manager Erin Ording... they've got a top-notch crew working there! During the planning process Erin offered her expertise, talents and creativity to help problem-solve space issues, flow concerns, etc. Her attention to detail is super! No request was too small (or silly) to be addressed and fulfilled.

As the event planner for this party, I found it very easy (and fun) to work with Erin. She put my mind at ease. The staff at the Radisson did a great job and made me (and my team) look good. The party was a huge success for my organization. I can't thank the Radisson enough for our successful party.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Wow! Every time I stay at The Radisson I notice bigger and bigger improvements that keep me coming back. My check in was a bit bumpy-but this was due to me misplacing my wallet. The lady that checked me in (Ashley) was sincerely concerned and helpful. She made a quick phone call and then offered me a free dinner while I waited for my wallet to be returned, which is unheard of!!! I was anticipating being out of the hotel most of my stay at a job site but that completely changed and I ended up being in my room on conference calls almost the whole time. It was home away from home, and then again it may have been better than being home. I had a suite at the end of the hall and the view was incredible for Kalamazoo. On my second day here I got a knock on my door from Housekeeping, I was in the middle of a call and asked her to come back in 35 minutes so I would be in between calls. She came back exactly 35 minutes later and offered to clean my room. She came in and cleaned the whole room! I expected her to only change the towels and make the bed like the other girl did the day before. She cleaned the whole bathroom, changed the sheets (which I told her was unnecessary, but she said it would make her feel better if I was sleeping comfortably on fresh clean sheets) wiped EVERY surface off and offered to come back and vacuum when I was off the phone. She also noticed I had used up all of my coffee already and left me with plenty of refills. In all my years of traveling I have never had a housekeeper that was so genuinely concerned for my comfort. She was professional and sweet! I am not sure if you can request a certain Housekeeper but if you can I believe her name is Mechelle(spelling?). ***Big bonus-she folded all of my clothes I had laying all over plus organized my personal belongings on the bathroom counter. Big Thank You to Mechelle and I am extremely disappointed that she wasn't the one who cleaned my room for the remainder of my stay.

This may not sound like a big deal but these small things made my visit significantly better! Only request I have is that The Radisson do something about the Spotty WiFi. Although it is better than before, Skype for conference calls is still next to impossible.

• Stayed February 2013
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The lobby is now decorated in funky colours with creative lighting and the rooms have all been modernised with lighter colours and marble bathrooms.
The location and amenities are as good as ever and the service as friendly and efficient as ever, so it's an even greater pleasure to stay here now the hotel looks so beautiful.
And there's a great new service: breakfast to go, you just fill a container from the breakfast buffet, pay and go. Very convenient on rused mornings.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel because we were attending AACT Fest 2013 in Kalamazoo. From the start, the check-in was smooth, professional and welcoming. When our door lock was not working, the staff immediately upgraded us to a Suite (comp, no upgrade charge) - right across the hall from our other room, which gave us a HUGE amount of room, and allowed us to settle in quickly as we were due to be at the theater in a few minutes. We splurged and ordered breakfast from room service and were delighted that the order was very prompt, still hot, and the food was excellent with generous portions. Enjoyed a whirlpool bath that night (it was a typical COLD Michigan February). The only minus was the very beautiful, but extremely wimpy shower. Although it had a variable shower head, the water came out very weakly with very little water pressure. Other than that, the stay was exceptional and the staff excellent. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, splurge for the Suite - definitely worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center? Share your experiences!