You added Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Perfect location to visit son at Western but still be walking distance to downtown - in cold weather.
The staff was extremely nice, hotel and room was very clean, free continental breakfast was a step above most, the bistro located in hotel was great! Overall, everything was perfect - except bathroom was a little small and the price was a little high for area - but worth it to us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay here for a week for work. This place is awesome. I had a standard room, but there was no way I could complain.

The only issue I had was with the iron. I went to iron a pair if white shorts and the iron must have had something sticky on it and it stuck to the showers and burned them. Housekeeping exchanges the iron and then the supervisor came to my room. She tried to salvage the shorts by cleaning them, but when that didn't work she comped me 10% of my bill. She didn't have to do that, I should have checked the iron before using it.

Staff was great, food was great, spa and massage was absolutely wonderful. These guys have it together for sure. Pool area and locker rooms are amazing as well.

I dropped the location a bit for one reason. I wanted to be outside a lot enjoying the weather and each time I went to the courtyard I was approached and asked for extra change and other things. I guess there is a homeless shelter around the corner, but this was not the hotels fault

Would definitely stay there again if I had to

• Stayed August 2012
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. I apologize about the iron but am very happy that our team was able to make it right for you. Have to admit, as I look around at the piles of snow, I am curious about where you were wearing your shorts!

If we get to see you again, please let us know about issues outside. Our excellent security team can help in a friendly and efficient manner.

Take care,
The Radisson Kalamazoo Team
Wallace, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Nice hotel downtown. Parking in a parking deck across the street. Restaurants inside the convention center. Ate breakfast there - awesome selection & friendly staff. We were in town for a convention - the food at the dinner banquet was great - good food, fast, friendly service.

Nice place to stay. Rooms were clean, quiet, & comfortable. Only complaint is mixing valves were installed wrong on both bathroom sink & shower - so hot was cold & vice versa - other than that nice place

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

We appreciate that you took the time to share a little about our hotel with others and our happy that you had a nice time while with us.

Burdick's for Breakfast does have a really great buffet, glad that you had time to enjoy it. Because everything under the roof is also under the same ownership, we all have the same high service standards. It is important that we treat each guest in a friendly and personal manner. Thank you for letting us know that you received this in both of your experiences.

We look forward to see you again!

Thanks,
The Kalamazoo Radisson Team
Hampton Roads, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed in the Radisson Plaza located in downtown Kalamazoo, MI. Great hotel and I highly recommend it. Request the 9th (top) floor if possible due to multiple weekend conventions and the hallway traffic and noise is reduced. A little pricey compared to the area standard, but extremely convenient to everything. On-site restaurants choices and quality are outstanding. Exercising facilities, pool, and Locker Room are the best I have experienced. Parking is a short, enclosed, Heated/Air Conditioned, Skywalk to a parking garage that always has a spot. With the parking/room package, the Radisson Lobby desk gives a parking validation ticket that is inserted after the parking ticket for payment. Parking is expensive ($20/Day) and I recommend getting the parking package with the room for a discount. DO NOT keep the parking validation ticket anywhere near your wallet. I did this and found out it erases the ticket immediately, but when at the exit gate, you can hit the "Assistance" button and the Radisson can remotely open the gate, if they are not too busy to answer the buzzer. If they are too busy to answer, keep cash on hand or you will have to make the longer trip back to the Lobby desk from the exit gate, which would be a hike. Kids activities comprises a good selection of activity books sold in the on-site store.

Room Tip: 9th Floor requires Room card to access, and keeps convention traffic to a minimum. 9th floor has one...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Yorker in NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel a few times a year when visiting family. We started in 2007. Each time we stayed, we encountered some type of issue. But, the last two years, up to and including our last stay in late December 2012 things have improved so much. Loved our last few stays!! They have done renovations which are beautiful in the lobby. We have stayed in many types of rooms and suites and we always find them well equipped and comfortable. The hotel staff is really super nice and helpful. Any issue we had (which were very very minor) were handled professionally and quickly. Radisson also offers a great rewards program, Club Carlson which enables you to earn free nights pretty quickly. Additionally, there are always great promotions and once you find your favorite room type, you can watch weekly for specials-- sometimes our room ends up costing 2/3rds of what it would have! The location cannot be beat and there a little to no other options in downtown Kalamazoo. You are walking distance to many bars, boutiques and restaurants. Kalamazoo has put a lot in to downtown and we would spend more time down there if we could, but we are usually in town spending our time with family. Why didn't I give this hotel a 5? Two reasons- the first is just based on relativity and the eye of the beholder. I have stayed in luxury hotels that are just super special and I save my 5s for those. In this level of hotel, I would give it a 5! The second reason is Burdicks-- there has to be some type of improvement in making room for hotel guest versus regulars. The bar is constantly packed with a long wait and if you just want to have quick night cap and snack there is often a wait, and it is super crowded and loud. I suppose it depends when you are in town, but this has been our experience probably because we are in town at the holidays and its also the only bar open on Sunday nights. I'm sure this will improve with time and that said, room service is great and fast. I would recommend this hotel to any friends or family visiting the area. The hotel is clean, the rooms are modern and updated, the service is great.

Room Tip: Join club carlson and watch for specials, plus earn points towards free rooms and upgrades. A great...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Goodrich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least twice a year for about 15 years and we continue to love it! The staff is incredibly friendly, down to earth and accommodating! The hotel is very clean. Although I am not a huge buffet person, the new breakfast buffet is fresh, healthy, and offers all options you could want! The rooms are great! We love the Manhatten Suite--just a little more money but well worth it! Love the restaurants, stores, pool area and spa, but most importantly it is centrally located to many different restaurant, bars and shops:)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed her for three nights for family occasion (graduation) so it was very busy...however the location was great, food was good, staff were excellent, all of them. It is right at the heart of Kalamazoo which in itself was a great place. This is a hidden gem in the North Mid West. When Obamas in town he stays here I believe.

Room Tip: If you can pay a bit more the 9th floor has some special rooms....make sure it is one wih a bathtub...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center? Share your experiences!