My husband and I stay at this hotel a few times a year when visiting family. We started in 2007. Each time we stayed, we encountered some type of issue. But, the last two years, up to and including our last stay in late December 2012 things have improved so much. Loved our last few stays!! They have done renovations which are beautiful in the lobby. We have stayed in many types of rooms and suites and we always find them well equipped and comfortable. The hotel staff is really super nice and helpful. Any issue we had (which were very very minor) were handled professionally and quickly. Radisson also offers a great rewards program, Club Carlson which enables you to earn free nights pretty quickly. Additionally, there are always great promotions and once you find your favorite room type, you can watch weekly for specials-- sometimes our room ends up costing 2/3rds of what it would have! The location cannot be beat and there a little to no other options in downtown Kalamazoo. You are walking distance to many bars, boutiques and restaurants. Kalamazoo has put a lot in to downtown and we would spend more time down there if we could, but we are usually in town spending our time with family. Why didn't I give this hotel a 5? Two reasons- the first is just based on relativity and the eye of the beholder. I have stayed in luxury hotels that are just super special and I save my 5s for those. In this level of hotel, I would give it a 5! The second reason is Burdicks-- there has to be some type of improvement in making room for hotel guest versus regulars. The bar is constantly packed with a long wait and if you just want to have quick night cap and snack there is often a wait, and it is super crowded and loud. I suppose it depends when you are in town, but this has been our experience probably because we are in town at the holidays and its also the only bar open on Sunday nights. I'm sure this will improve with time and that said, room service is great and fast. I would recommend this hotel to any friends or family visiting the area. The hotel is clean, the rooms are modern and updated, the service is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites of Kalamazoo-winner of the Radisson Hotel of the Year award for 2013! Our highest priority is the comfort of our guests. We deliver the highest quality in lodging, dining, shopping, fitness and spa. We want create an amazing experience and be your "10"! Please let us know how we can best host you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Hotel At Kalamazoo Kalamazoo
- Radisson Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Kalamazoo Center