Catching up on some reviews, was here a couple of weeks back to conduct some business in town.
Arrival: Lobby gives you the sense of upscale and trendy. Note that valet parking is available, cost was $20 a day if you select. Self parking in the adjacent parking garage was $15. Covered walkway from the garage to the hotel going above the street. Front desk staff were helpful and knowledgeable, Allison was able to explain the logistics of the hotel clearly for me upon arrival and also Josh provided some helpful dining options around the downtown.
Room: Selected a business suite as I do a lot of work at night and sometimes bring takeout to my room. Kitchenette with single burner and full size refrigerator. Mini coffee maker, sink, dishwasher and plates/silverware. Bathroom spacious, double vanity separate from shower/toilet area, shower quite large with an area to sit in the stall, dual shower heads independently controlled, one fixed and one with a wand. Water was plenty hot, pressure could have been higher. My only complaint was the wireless (is free BTW), it seems to come and go at times, I contacted the front desk and they said they would report it to IT. Maybe it was because I was at the end of the building, but not sure. Once I was aware of it, then I was able to deal with it, watching when I sent things. Would be nice to have wired connection as an option.
Fitness center. One of the better ones that I have seen, half a dozen treadmills, about the same for ellipticals and about 3 bikes. A complete module of Nautilus, as well as free weights. Also a room for fitness classes. Pool area attached with hot tub as well, was well maintained. Locker room is outstanding with showers. Lockers to secure your items and a sauna as well. Plenty of towels, and even a machine to wring the water out of your swim trunks.
Dining: I am not a breakfast person but I am told the buffet is top notch, I took advantage of the apples at the front desk. I frequented the Rio in the mornings for coffee, Starbucks brands served. They have lattes, espressos and such, and also brewed coffee at a kiosk where you can serve yourself. Flavored creams are comp. Chose to take dinner at other locations but have heard well about the options in the hotel.
I dont frequent Kalamazoo for my business travel but if I were to return, I would definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites of Kalamazoo-winner of the Radisson Hotel of the Year award for 2013! Our highest priority is the comfort of our guests. We deliver the highest quality in lodging, dining, shopping, fitness and spa. We want create an amazing experience and be your "10"! Please let us know how we can best host you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Plaza Hotel At Kalamazoo Kalamazoo
- Radisson Kalamazoo
- Kalamazoo Radisson
- Radisson Plaza Hotel Kalamazoo Center