“A outstanding stay thanks to the VALUE PLACE Kalamazoo staff!” 5 of 5 stars

1653 South 11th Street, I-94 & Stadium Dr. (exit 36), Kalamazoo, MI 49009   |
Special Offer
$20 Off First Week
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“A outstanding stay thanks to the VALUE PLACE Kalamazoo staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

Being a female traveling on my own I am always a bit leery but the gal at the desk welcomed me, pointed out the safety and security procedures in place coupled with the price and the fact I didn't have to eat out unless I choose to, THEY HAVE A FULL SIZE REFRIGERATOR AND STOVE IN THE ROOM. I was sold! They stay was great. I was treated so kindly by everyone I encountered. My room was extremely clean and comfortable. The staff was knowlegable about the area and things to do, places to eat and they were approachable. a huge thank you to Donna, Hailley and the rest of the staff. I will see you again in 2013

• Stayed October 2012
VPKalamazoo, Manager at Value Place Kalamazoo, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing Value Place Kalamazoo, where our goal is to provide a safe, clean, and comfortable stay. If I can be of further assistance please contact us. Again Thank You For Choosing Value Place!

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having stayed in several different extended stays in the past, when i got a contract in Kalamazoo i was disappointed not to go to my regular extended stay, but read the reviews for Value Stay so I decided to give it a try.

First, the reason it is inexpensive is because the rooms are basically like a cardboard ikea, i had more comfort camping on the ground. Second, everything is an additional charge. Pots, pans, coffee maker, internet (not even wifi!), you name it. I could have rented an apartment and brought basics for less! Third, the cleaning supplies were so industrial strength that my little girl and i both were sick any time we were in the room...vomiting, headache, coughing. It wad horrible especially because the room was already so uncomfortable. Thankfully, the management was very good to refund me the rest of my stay as after four days I couldnt handle any more.

• Stayed October 2012
VPKalamazoo, General Manager at Value Place Kalamazoo, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
We strive to provide a clean & safe environment. While we do use chemicals that are safe for consumers of all ages we cannot predict when or if someone is going to have a alleric reaction. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.
Vicksburg, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

At first, I thought "Oh, God, what have I gotten myself into"? But honestly, if you don't look at this place as a hotel and look at it as a short-stay apartment, it's just fine. I stayed here for almost two weeks. It was clean and quiet. The beds are kinda hard but that's what I am used to so it was fine. It is VERY spartan, bring a lamp or two if you can (there are none, only fluorescent overheads), extra soap and TP, and bring a long cable for the internet so you can sit on your bed and surf, there's no wireless unless you bring your own router. You will also need sponges and handwashing dish soap and some dish rags for drying. The kitchen was adequate and the bathroom was clean. Seriously, you can't go wrong for this price.
The staff appeared to be all college students which was absolutely fine, they were all really nice. If you go into this with no expectations that it's a regular hotel, it's absolutely fine. I have to return shortly and will certainly stay again. You cannot beat the price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

I was stay overther for week when I entered in room it was stink and it was stink all day.they charged me for everything. when I left I gave 24 hour moveout notice.and I found after one month when I cheked my bank statement. they charged me 45$ for that notice and 16 dollar for towel which I never used because it was stink too. when I called them then they found my notice and give me 45$ refund and never give me my 16$ back. so I have one suggetion for all of you when ever you ener in room pls inform them if room is stink and when u left take them with u in room check every thing personally and then take replay in written so in future you can show ur proof.and management was so so so so so rude. you can not even emagine how they rude...........

Stayed August 2008
Upper Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I stayed here 11 weeks (Jan thru Mar) while I was working in the area. The place is new and clean. They say $179/week but then there is $10/week if you want Internet (wired and very slow !) and $7/week if you want linen exchange. (don't get it, there is on site laundry and you can wash your own a lot cheaper and they change them every 2 weeks as part of there housekeeping) House keeping means they change your sheets every 2 weeks and run a vacuum down the middle of your room. The main complaint is the walls are paper thin and you hear every thing from the adjacent rooms and above and below. It is very noisy. Also the snow plowing is terrible and in the winter expect to trudge thru snow to get to your car every day. The rooms are perfect for a working person and have a kitchen area with full size fridge, microwave and 2 burner stovetop and sink. It is right off the freeway which is convenient but noisy. The cable TV is good and has HBO. Remind them if you stay over 31 cosecutive days you no longer have to pay state sales tax in MI. (you have to remind them every week or they "forget ") There are no services and the office is only open when most people are working so you never see a person except every week when you need to get a new key and then they just slip it under the window and you don't see them anyhow but I guess that's OK. I would stay here again since it is cheaper than anything else in the area but not a place to bring a family

• Liked — clean and convenient
  • Disliked — Noisy
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Value Place Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!