“Older but going to be better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3640 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Formerly Best Hospitality Inn Kalamazoo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Older but going to be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've stayed at this location before when it was owned by another chain. Clarion just took it over a month or so before we stayed here. They had painted all the rooms so they are a little brighter and fresher. I think they've updated some of the furniture, not sure about that. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were really nice. Our room was clean and the only problem we had was that two days of our 5 night stay we didn't have housekeeping service until late in the afternoon, after we were already back from the dog show. We elected to just get fresh towels and waive the service those two days. The housekeepers and front desk staff were all very friendly. My only complaint was that the pet fee was a little pricey. I know that a few bad seeds can ruin that for everyone, but I bring my own sheet to put over the bed comforter in case a dog jumps up there and I bring my own towels to wipe their feet before they come in the rooms, etc. Some of us are conscientious and we have to suffer with high pet fees due to a few bad ones. I know some people were staying a few rooms down from us and their dogs barked constantly and when they checked out I saw their room door open and they had left dog hair all over the place. That is just inexcusable, but some people are just pigs. I hope they'll reconsider the fees for next time the dog show is in town, at least maybe for those of us who are careful to treat the rooms like we would our own homes. All in all it was a great hotel, convenient location and I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lawton, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for 4 years and we will not be back.
We requested a mini fridge which was an available amenity but my husband had to go and get ti bring to our room because it was only the young girl desk clerk in the whole hotel. Then while at the pool, which is nice there was a family of 10-12 kids that were unsupervised and as young as 6 years old screaming profanity and jumping on top of my kids. Several parents asked them to stop and when they didn't we went to the front desk clerk. She was amazing yet I felt bad for her. All alone on staff and by now the monster kids parents were down their and a major argument started. My children ages 10 and 7 were scared. They were blocking the exits so we desided to stay and see if things calmed down. Which they did. The next morning at breakfast another mother and I noticed small amount of mold on some bread. I collected them and gave them to the breakfast lady in charge. She was immediately defensive and rude. Disagreeing with me she now was extremely loud and upset that she couldn't put it back out because I had touched it. While trying to reason with her she walked away and slammed the door. This place was never like this before. We will not be returning.

• Stayed March 2014
Jenison, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stopped at this hotel last night and ways impressed. The weather had turned bad so this was an unexpected stop and not a vacation. The rooms were clean and bright. Large screen TV. Staff was personable and polite. They even knew i the morning when I was leaving that 94west was backed up and helped me reroute! Last as I was leaving a maintaince man helped me geat all the snow off my car and scrap all the ice. The price was great! The room was clean and nice! And the staff was awesome!

Room Tip: Speak up about your needs, the staff was happy to help!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is an older hotel, and it shows. Beds were comfortable, but rooms were dark and drab. Fitness center is a joke. Staff were helpful. Best part is location - very convenient just off I-94 highway, with restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Macomb, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times when visiting Kalamazoo. The staff has always been nice, the rooms clean and the breakfast decent. I have found this to be a comfortable room for the money. I visit Kalamazoo a fair amount, since my son lives in the area. I have tried other hotels in the area and found this is where I book all the time now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Green Bay, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Clean, no smells room, good amenities, really good bed. Desk with power and internet. Nice lobby, overall nice hotel. This hotel was a clean and decent choice compared to some of the local options in Kalamazoo. Room also had good desk area in case you needed to work

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Kalamazoo, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Moldy smell from bathroom and a scared lonely poor yippie barking dog in room across the hall. Front desk person at check in was very friendly and helpful. I probably wouldn't stay here again for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!