“Great staff! So...So Owners.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3640 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Formerly Best Hospitality Inn Kalamazoo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
“Great staff! So...So Owners.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Taryne running the front desk on my arrival was wonderful. Michelle taking the night shift also wonderful.
Rooms are ok. Much older building.
WiFi constantly kept going out. Front desk had to keep resetting. Owners need to provide reliable WiFi!

• Stayed May 2013

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently on a drive from MN to our home in Canada. We only spent one night, but we were pleased with the hotel. The staff was very welcoming to us as well as to our Sheltie dog. (for a $15 fee). The room was reasonable for the price, everything worked and the beds were pretty comfortable. We had no shampoo in our room, but this was probably a small oversight by the person who cleaned the room. Nothing to get upset about. The breakfast was more complete than many we have had at other hotels in this price range. There are no good restaurants nearby, but we drove a few miles down the road and found a steakhouse where we had dinner. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Corbin, Kentucky, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying in K-zoo on a couple's weekend going to FireKeepers. All of the girls at the front desk and breakfast crew were amazing. Thanks Tristan, Michelle, Shelly and Becky for making my stay feel like hanging out with friends!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Drove through Michigan on this day and wanted to say we stayed in Kalamazoo. Found this place just by exiting off the freeway. The place was okay for the price and the breakfast area was decent. Not a lot of restaurant options nearby, we ended up eating at Arby's in the evening.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Angola, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. I was a bit leary about it because of one of the reviews I saw...so, I called first. On the phone was a really nice, helpful young lady (deffinitely NOT a meth head as someone "revenge reviewed" prior to me btw, revenge review= someone, not even staying at the hotel (because they live IN the town of the hotel they are reviewing!) who has a problem with someone who WORKS at the hotel. There is NO WAY there was a "meth head" at the front desk at this location.
Anywho...the hotel was great. My bed was really comfortable, room nice and clean, great maid service AND extremely helpful front desk and hotel staff!
I travel for business purposes, and I do look forward to staying at this location again!

Room Tip: call before you book
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

i went to go check in and i walked in and saw the front desk clerk looks like a meth head she was rude and was not even there when i showed up. i later came down to ask a question and she was no where to be found again, later on i found her in the bathroom and the bathroom was dirty to if i wanted to stay at a meth hotel i would of paid alot less, please address this becaUSE just from her actions and the way she presents her self i will never stay at bestwestern again,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are in dire need of reno's. The carpet feels dirty underfoot (wore my slippers after that!) and wallpaper is peeling and has been patched in many places. There was a bag taped around the shower head (?!). The bathroom fixtures could have been wiped better and we didn't want to touch the light switches or hairdryer. We wanted to go in the pool but it was murky (the hot tub too) and I couldn't bring myself to go in. Not one other person was in there either. We didn't pay a lot for our room though (under $80) so it's what I come to expect from that price range.

That being said. The front desk girl was awesome even though it was only her second day. She was a bit slow and didn't know everything but her friendly attitude made up for that. Not sure why she was working alone though. She really should have had someone to help her.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!