“Ok for the price, I guess.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3640 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Formerly Best Hospitality Inn Kalamazoo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Ok for the price, I guess.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are in dire need of reno's. The carpet feels dirty underfoot (wore my slippers after that!) and wallpaper is peeling and has been patched in many places. There was a bag taped around the shower head (?!). The bathroom fixtures could have been wiped better and we didn't want to touch the light switches or hairdryer. We wanted to go in the pool but it was murky (the hot tub too) and I couldn't bring myself to go in. Not one other person was in there either. We didn't pay a lot for our room though (under $80) so it's what I come to expect from that price range.

That being said. The front desk girl was awesome even though it was only her second day. She was a bit slow and didn't know everything but her friendly attitude made up for that. Not sure why she was working alone though. She really should have had someone to help her.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Can not recommend and will Never stay again! According to locals this is owned by a foreign family that seems to all live there. Best Western should be getting away from this one, as this hotel does not measure up to their new standards. The female desk clerk needed proper dress wear and an attitude check. The manager was almost as bad but did try to fix things, however, after all of the attitude and rudeness, it just left us with a bad experience. There was a shooting in the lobby in February that left a man dead. I don't know if that had anything to do with the hotel or if it was coincidence, however, this kind of thing is rare and so I would just stay away.This hotel needs a lot of work all the way around!!!
If it's about the money I would even stay at the Red Roof across the street, which I have. Nothing frilly but clean and a bed.

Otherwise, Battle Creek has a Best Western that is up to the Best Westerns new standards and I would drive the extra 15 minutes to stay there and pay a little more!

Room Tip: Drive 15 minutes down the road to Battle Creeks Best Western. It's clean and worth the extra tim...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

So I've been to this best western about 3 or 4 times and It was decent except the hot tub wasnt in order all those times, but I stayed their last night with my family and it was Horrible. We came to get into the pool and basically have a good time. When we got their the pool was out of order and couldn't get in till the next day, so we go into the hot tub and the maintence man said get out. We waited till the next day and the pool was freezing cold since the time we got up till the time we left. The towels were dirty the food was cold the whole stay was a mess. My laptop got hacked during the stay and we couldn't use our xbox because the tv's were super old. The table was broken and moved against a wall so no one would notice. Bed wasn't lined up with frame and was too heavy to move so had to sleep on a wobbly bed all night. The stay was flat out horrible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Plymouth, Mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would avoid this hotel at all costs. The rooms were very dirty and the hotel staff are unfriendly. Toilet wouldn't flush properly, gum on the ceiling, room had a dirty smell, and the pool was extremely murky. The night I stayed there was a shooting in the lobby and the hotel was on lockdown. No one could leave until 4am. Understanding that the circumstances were out of the control of the hotel, but I still asked for a refund because the hotel still has liability and was refused.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just across the highway from Wings Stadium, it's in a very handy location. I was pleased with the grounds and front desk area. Only one person was covering the front desk, and was pleasant getting me checked in, even though the people in front of me were a pain, and there were people coming in behind me. The room was very nice and clean. I had my mom with me, and she is very picky when it comes to cleanliness and the room passed with no problems. Had a King size bed and found it very comfortable. The bathroom area is small, but works for an overnight stay. Coffee pot and hair dryer is always a plus. The comp. breakfast area in the morning was clean, and had a pleasant staffer keeping the tables and area clean. One word: waffles! The only complaint I had was not the hotels fault, but had a very rude couple decide to have a door slamming and screaming match down the hallway at 2am. Not cool. Might of been the pain in the butt couple from check in!

Room Tip: I got a room with a King bed instead of 2 queens on Hotels.com because it was $10 cheaper.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Farwell, Michigan, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I got a room at this BW just because of how contently close it was to Wing Stadium, and I was going their for a friends Roller Derby. The room was clean and nice however the bed was quite hard so sleep i didnt get much off. The front desk staff however was less to be desirable. The Girl that checked me in was not really waring appropriate clothing for working the front desk she had black pj bottoms on i could tell cause it was the kind with the shiny numbers on them, plus she was not very welcoming either. The night auditor was quite unwelcoming too, when I came down to ask if they had any Michigan maps she acted like i was taking time away from her texting on her phone. But I will say the young lady that checked me out was very sweet and super nice. I will say over all it was a nice stay despite the hiccups that came along with it only cause its very nicely located to things I do in that area of Kalamazoo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!