“Location Location Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn

You added Clarion Inn to your Saves list
Clarion Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3640 East Cork Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 (Formerly Best Hospitality Inn Kalamazoo)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Farwell, Michigan, USA
“Location Location Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I got a room at this BW just because of how contently close it was to Wing Stadium, and I was going their for a friends Roller Derby. The room was clean and nice however the bed was quite hard so sleep i didnt get much off. The front desk staff however was less to be desirable. The Girl that checked me in was not really waring appropriate clothing for working the front desk she had black pj bottoms on i could tell cause it was the kind with the shiny numbers on them, plus she was not very welcoming either. The night auditor was quite unwelcoming too, when I came down to ask if they had any Michigan maps she acted like i was taking time away from her texting on her phone. But I will say the young lady that checked me out was very sweet and super nice. I will say over all it was a nice stay despite the hiccups that came along with it only cause its very nicely located to things I do in that area of Kalamazoo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tecumseh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Always clean and comfortable. Very good breakfast, good variety.
The pool could have been a few degrees warmer, but the kids didn't mind.
The staff, all of them, were ready to help. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel chain is typically clean, affordable, and a great value. This trip was different in that the clean was lacking. The room, outside of a blood stain on a pillow case, was clean as I would expect. What was different is that every hard service in the hotel was sticky ... main breakfast room especially. All that was needed was 5 minutes of mopping, but it looks like that was too much. In addition, the checkout was the most least productive I've seen in my travels - almost 5 minutes to check me out, alone, with no additional expenses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hart, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After reading the reviews here, I was a little hesitant of staying here. I booked anyway. Had to be in Kalamazoo for work. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. the free continental breakfast was better than expected. My waffle was delicious! My room was very clean and smelled very clean. Bed was very comfortable. TV was a little dated, but I had to work to do, so that wasn't a big deal.I couldn't ask for a better location.

I think people that write some of the reviews are a little harsh! It's an older hotel, but is very well taken care of. I was expecting patched holes in the walls and people streaking through the hallways. I witnessed neither of those things. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in town.

PEOPLE....Don't believe everything you read here. Check it out for yourself.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Noblesville, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The absolute best thing about this hotel is the beds - they're super comfortable, and they provide plenty of soft, fluffy pillows.

But, sadly, that's about where the good side tapers off. Sure, the elevator works, the staff is somewhat friendly, and they serve an ok breakfast (if you don't mind poor coffee and hard biscuits) but, for every good or decent aspect there is a negative that far outweighs it.

The worst part of our visit had to have been the noise. There were teenagers shouting in the hallway throughout the entire evening and night. There was a party going on in an area open to the lobby - not only adding to the sound levels (I think our room was right above it) but also making it really uncomfortable to enter and leave the hotel through the lobby - I felt like I was crashing their party, though I had no desire to do so. Worst of all, though, was the door leading to the adjoining room. We only had the one room, and there were people from another group in the next, but we could hear every word they spoke through the door(s). We finally had to break down and stuff paper towel in the cracks of the door to mute the sound a bit.

Our bathroom wasn't the greatest, either. There was no hot water for showers in the morning, the lock on the door didn't work, and the height of the toilet was great - if you're a child or just generally short. If you're closer to the 6' mark, however, you might as well be squatting.

Other than that, there were just a few annoyances. Our remote didn't work right, and when it did work, some of the TV channels had little or no reception. My daughter really wanted to go swimming, but when she did, the pool was freezing cold - not heated at all. The vending machines on our floor were sold out the entire time we were there, too - not that we really wanted to pay close to $2 for a 20 oz bottle of soda anyways.

Overall, the room was clean, and the beds were comfortable, and if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep at night, this place is fine. If you're looking for a place to relax, however, you're better off going somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ludington, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Cons:

We checked in and I wanted to pay with cash. The girl working at front desk stated that I couldnt do so and she would have to check me out and back in and it would make the process difficult. Working at a hotel myself, I knew I had the option of paying with cash, and also with not doing so it puts a pending hold on your debit card. We took our pet so the charge was the room charge, pet charge, and additional $20? for incidentials. So in the morning I paid cash. The pending hold on my card remained on hold for 3 days, while traveling, made it difficult. The mirrors in the room were very dirty and the toilet was disgusting! The vanity top was also dirty. Vending only worked on first floor.

Pros:

Breakfast was really good. Alot of choices: Biscuits and gravy, sausage, toast, fruit, waffles, etc. The bed was also comfortable. The lobby area was clean, and breakfast attendants were quick to restock.

Room Tip: Room on the 3rd floor wasent bad, was quiet. Had an elavator. "VIP Suite" whirlpool was ve...