Ended up staying here at the last minute. I called the hotel directly and received the AAA rate of $113.00 per night. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn which is about 0.25 miles away, but the last minute rate there was $149.00 per night. Checked in at 11:30 PM and was greeted by a very nice gentleman who was very helpful and courteous. The room was clean and smelled fresh. A small refrigerator, two burner electric stove, kitchen sink, dishwasher and kitchen utensils are provided. The breakfast is mostly pastries, bagels, yogurt and cereal, but they do put these items out early for business travelers.
The feature I liked the most was the soft water in the shower. A very nice touch.
The feature I liked the least is the noise from the surrounding rooms, especially rooms above. The noise of someone walking on the wood flooring (kitchen and bathroom areas) was so loud it woke me up early in the morning.
A few items that would make this hotel better include:
* Put a mirror in the space above the work desk. The only mirror is in the bathroom. A mirror above the work desk would make that space ideal for women to apply make up, etc. while another family member was in the shower.
* Put a lid on the toilet!. It would be very easy to drop something in the toilet. Also, the towel rack is directly above the toilet that does not have a lid. Gross! I suggest putting the towels inside the closet that is located inside the bathroom.
* The television is located near the foot of the bed on the right hand side. A portion of the wall extends out just before the television stand making it difficult to watch TV from the bed. Please consider relocating the TV the next time the hotel is remodeled.
Overall, a pretty good stay, but I would check pricing at the Hampton Inn and weigh your options to make an informed decision.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Kalamazoo Hotel
- Towneplace Suites Kalamazoo Hotel Kalamazoo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott offers extended stay travelers a comfortable home away from home, with features like full stainless kitchens, seperate bedrooms, 24 hour exercise facilities , 24 hour convenience mart, the Marriott Bed package, indoor heated pool, and deluxe continental breakfast. We are right on interstate 1-94 at exit 72 on the west side of Kalamazoo and recently opened 10/07. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.