Made reservations at this hotel because of the great reviews, and the apartment-like amenities.
Overall we were satisfied with our stay but here is a list of Pros and Cons, which may be specific to our Room 103, which is a little different layout than most, if not all, the other rooms.
Spacious! We had more than enough room for the two of us and our 11 month old, and the Pack-and-Play.
Living area and bedroom area separated by a door (I think this is the exception, not the norm.)
Full kitchen: stove, oven, fridge, cupboards, pots/pans, utensils, dishwasher. (Wife was elated)
Table big enough to seat 4 plus baby at end.
Two washers and two dryers just down the hall.. excellent.
Rooms were quiet.
Wife was very happy with convenience of apartment-like living for 3 day stay.
Room was musty, plus had dog odor; more than the Fabreze could handle. (This is my main complaint)
Mildew in cabinet under kitchen sink didn't help.
Had family in another room, and it didn't seem to have the musty smell our room had.
Visibly clean room, but just didn't have a fresh smell or look.
Breakfast was essentially coffee, cereal, yogurt, and bagel.
Better to get your own groceries at the grocery store just 1 mi north, or go out for breakfast.
Funky thermostat: No heat/cool control, just temp, so at times the air was on, then the heat. And if one room is set colder than the other, the two system work against each other.... plus motion detector turns system off when no movement... wasn't horrible, but finally just turned the thing off.
Pet motel (this is either great if you have pets, or not so great if you don't like pet odors)
Though staff was very friendly and helpful, there wasn't much professionalism, either.
(wrinkled shirt, looked bored, maintenance smoking and talking on phone in front of the place, etc.)
No toilet seat cover, so be careful not to drop anything :)
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Kalamazoo Hotel
- Towneplace Suites Kalamazoo Hotel Kalamazoo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott offers extended stay travelers a comfortable home away from home, with features like full stainless kitchens, seperate bedrooms, 24 hour exercise facilities , 24 hour convenience mart, the Marriott Bed package, indoor heated pool, and deluxe continental breakfast. We are right on interstate 1-94 at exit 72 on the west side of Kalamazoo and recently opened 10/07. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.