“Go here often” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Burdicks Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 291 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rose St.
Transit: Old Burdick"s is 1 block from the bus and train station.
Description: Old Burdick's Bar & Grill has been a downtown Kalamazoo institution since 1991. There are also Old Burdick's in Holiday Inn West and the Icehouse at Wings Stadium. All three restaurant locations feature the best sandwiches, burgers, salads and entrees, as well as a great selection of cocktails, wines and beers.
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Go here often”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We like this place and it is always hopping with lots of activity. Sitting at the bar to eat is great, or just one of the tables is also fine. Great service and excellent staff with good food.

Visited September 2012

Paw Paw, Michigan
“Waiter kept my coin change”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My bill was $11.44, but the waiter kept the $0.56 cents and gave me back $9.00. A similar event took place for others in our group. I called to talk to manager once I got home, but the man answering the phone, said the manager was busy, and could he help? Dave, the man on the phone, could only assume the change was part of his tip.

I can only assume that:
1) I will probably NOT be visiting Burdicks again.
2) Not returning all of my change is STEALING.
3) $ 2.79 is a bit much for a cup of coffee.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alexa a, Manager at Old Burdicks Bar and Grill, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Good Afternoon Wappaw173,

I wanted to apologize for the recent experience you had at our restaurant. What you've described is completely unacceptable, and I'm very sorry about this. Please contact me at atipton@ghgkz.com so we can further discuss this situation, and what we can do to make it right.

Again, I am very sorry and look forward to hearing from you.

Alex Tipton
Old Burdick's
Restaurant Supervisor

atipton@ghgkz.com
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“quite decent... not easy to find... bowling alley restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were told this place was a decent place to grab a casual dinner. It is decent... broad range menu and the food and service is good... not great.. but good.

Reccomend going with your favorite burger... those in our party that order burgers were happy with their food choice.. those that ordered other items wished they had ordered burgers.

Visited September 2012
Portage, Michigan
“Best Burger Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Busy down town restuarant, great burgers and finger food with fun drinks. Great party atmoshere and friendly staff

Visited July 2012
Rome, Italy
“fun sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Huge screens take up an entire wall and display current sports events. The music isn't too loud and solo diners are as welcome as rowdy groups. The menu is typical burgers and chili con carne and nachos etc, dieters beware! But everything I had was fresh and tasty - including the edamame beans I'd ordered for myself to much sneering and the whole group ended up polishing off - moreish AND healthy! I'm told the fish and chips and the pulled pork sandwich are very good too. The atmosphere is convival but not too loud early in the evening outside of major sports events. Prices are very reasonable and service is good.

• Visited March 2012