“Nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Ypsilanti, Michigan
“Nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

One bedroom suite included large living room with pull out couch, 2 lounge chairs, and eating space with table for 4. Nice for a family. Breakfast was above average. Nice stay. Close to campus, downtown, and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Colorado Springs, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here while settling my son into college - free breakfast and light dinner make this super easy and economical. Close to the Universities and shopping. Friendly staff. Small pool, no gym, free Wifi. We used reward points from priority club. Will stay here again as kitchenette, suite style rooms are a plus with kids!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Long Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Staybridge suites is in an ideal location for both Western Michigan Univ and Kalamazoo College. Easy access to all the local venues in the area. Lots of restaurants too. The hotel itself is very nice and well maintained. Our room was clean and big and offered all the amenities we could have asked for such as free wifi, microwave, refrigerator, and flat screen tv's. The room was quiet and it made for a good nights sleep. The front desk staff was eager to answer any and all questions and made it a delight to stay at this hotel. Before I checked out, I booked a room for my next trip to Kalamazoo and I NEVER do that!!

Room Tip: I always ask for rooms away from the elevator and the highest floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Beaverton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I stay here for work every other month and love the hotel. I have never had any problems with the staff. They have a complimentary breakfast and dinner, which is nice. The bed is very comfortable and the rooms i've stayed in have always been clean. Sometimes I can hear people above me but it's not bad. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and enjoy staying there every other month for work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering our suite we thought 'wow!! This place is awesome'. However we were very disappointed in the cleanliness. Shower and bath not very clean, hair around the room and a sticky residue on the desk. Otherwise, I would have given it four stars. Too bad. Would try other options next time I'm in the area. Our suite was also at the far end of the hall near the side door and stairs which was very loud as people thundered up the stairs.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear TravelingT137,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I'm truly pleased you found our facilities commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received and I regret you were not able to enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cassopolis, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I will be returning this is what I expect at a staybridge good staff nice room pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family of four stayed in one of their two bedroom suites for a week recently. We have never been more comfortable in a hotel! The parents slept in a room with a king size bed. The two children shared
the other bedroom, each with his own queen size bed. Both bedrooms had an attached full bathroom.
There was also a small but fully equipped kitchen and a suitable size living room. An indoor pool with
hot tub and free use of numerous washing machines and dryers were some of our favorite amenities.
Free daily hot/cold breakfast was much appreciated. Free light dinners were offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. All this and an easy quick drive to the Kalamazoo International Airport too! The only thing we thought could use improvement was the housekeeping. We had to ask for
more soap, toilet paper and coffee. We also had to request for housekeeping during the weekend.
Other than that, Staybridge Suites was a great place to stay and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pretty courtyard and choose a room on the top floor to avoid hear...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!