“Great place to eat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazios is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 291 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rose Street
Description: Welcome to ZAZIOS where the food is the entertainment!
Detroit, Michigan
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stopped in Kalamazoo overnight on a business trip. I saw this place on trip advisor. The ranking is right on! From the moment I walked in until the moment I left I got great service. I had the duck, outstanding! Nice chat with one of the staff members. Price was a little high, but it's by design. Overall, a great dining experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Chef's Table Rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

took my entire team for a holiday treat - it was luxurious, delicious and adventurous - just what I wanted to treat my team of hard working peeps

Visited December 2012
Battle Creek Michigan
“Superb Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We celebrated my husbands birthday dinner recently at Zazio's Italian restaurant in the main dining room. It lived up completely to all the great recommendations. The menu has many wonderful selections I would like to try. The cocktail list is extensive and typically priced for same. We sat close to the kitchen so saw all the food going by our table and it all was presented beautifully. We had the ravioli special and shrimp pasta. The bread and two spreads they bring prior to dinner filled us up!
I would definitely like to experience the Chefs Table where your food is created in front of you in a stadium style seating area. That would be fun with friends.
Their prices are reasonable, as most pasta dishes can be ordered in half sizes for $12. The salads and sides (wonderful options) are also priced separately. Steaks run about $30.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“One of Our Favorites in Kzoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The food is always so good here. They very kindly make special items like fresh marinara or food adjustments when requested. Tried all of the pastas over time and they are winners.

The service has, at times, been frenetic and too chatty, but I think they have changed and do a smoother, less talking in your face service.

We did the food preparation table once, but didn't enjoy it so much because you couldn't chat with friends, since you are sitting sise by side and listening. Glad I did the once, but not again. It was helpful to home cooking and was informative.

We go very often in summer to sit outside.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Zazios for foodies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My group had a dinner at Zazios. Not a foodie myself, I felt it was overpriced and would not return. The food was very good. Service was good. Atmosphere was above average. They planned a special menu for our group.

• Visited January 2013