“Great place but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great place but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is still our favorite Microtel (we stayed here twice in one week) of all the ones we have ever stayed at anywhere. They still let you do your laundry for free. Their breakfasts have many choices. Protein items include yogurt, hard boiled eggs (they ran out on Monday morning), and several types of microwave egg sandwich items. Bagels, muffins, cereals, juices, fresh fruit, etc as well. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, good water pressure. Staff is always friendly and helpful.
Only problem was with the wifi. It was slow with our 1 laptop and did not work in the room for our Chromebook. No one knew why but it was a problem only in the room, not in the lobby or the hallway. Hopefully this can be remedied.
We will stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
smlynn, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello vegascouple90! Thank you for your amazing review! If there is anything I can discuss with you regarding your issues, I encourage you to call me at 269-353-3200!

Suzie Lynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Huntington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very nice, clean, friendly staff motel. Room is not giant sized but clean and well appointed. Front desk staff very friendly, helpful. Highly recommend this motel. Breakfast is continental style but very adequate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hi becknee! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us in the future!

Sanilac County, Mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and I can see why it's rated #1 in Kalamazoo. It looks brand new even though it has been open for a while, amazingly clean and the staff is some of the friendliest and helpful that I have meet. This was my first stay at a Microtel although I stay at Wyndham resorts quite often. This property has many touches of the Wyndham chain. Super comfy beds and nice linens. The rooms are slightly micro and remind me of a cruise ship cabin. Everything is built in or bolted to the walls and floor. The bathroom is a full bath, but still no wasted space. It was perfect for an overnight business trip. I was really impressed with this hotel. The only down fall I can see is parking is limited and the walls are paper thin. Like really, really thin. Which makes it possible to hear everything: TV, phone conversations and tolitery. I actually stepped out to my car to call home before retiring for the evening. I did mention the sound issue upon checkout and the front desk manager did state they were looking into options to resolve the issue. I would not hesitate to stay at a Microtel again!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
smlynn, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello, Kim - We take feedback of all kinds very seriously and thank you for taking the time to contribute regarding your experience with us! I encourage you to contact me at 269.353.3200 should you wish to discuss this further! Thanks for choosing Microtel Inn & Suites of Kalamazoo and I look forward to your future stay!

Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Microtel in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The location is convenient off the highway, close to dining and shopping and very clean, new and comfortable.

We will plan another stay in the fall and have our friends join us then too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for the wonderful review! There is no greater compliment than a returning guest.... We can't wait to see you this fall!

Regards,
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If 1/2 stars were available I would rate this 3.5* - it's not quite 4. The room was clean, the check in staff were great, bed was great - but I was woken up at 4:30 by the couple next to us talking in normal voices. I think you should be able to talk in a normal voice and not wake the people in the bed that shares your wall. Later it was what I thought was a dog barking - only it wasn't a dog.... really wish I'd brought some earplugs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, the feedback you can provide is important and I encourage you to contact me!

269.353.3200

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!