“Microtel in Kalamazoo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Easily accessible rooms, with a view to the parking lot (parked motorcycle in full view). The staff was highly accommodating in my needs, and really made it easy for me to appreciate their service. The rooms were extraordinarily clean and simple. The decor/styling was inviting and contemporary (colours/matching furniture/even a window bench). Plenty of plugs on the wall, the toiletries were just right, and in spite of not having an in-room fridge, I had absolutely no complaints about Microtel. I've stayed in other cities, and if there's a Microtel, it'l be one of the top 3 on my list. Breakfast was as expected, and served me well for my journey. Even WiFi was spot-on. This is not a budget-minded hotel, but it's neither the expensive top-end hotel either BUT you wouldn't know it by the efficiency of the staff and the comfort they put you i as soon as you walk in through the front doors. Bravo!

Room Tip: Top-notch hotel, just outside of the Kalamazoo. Quiet and away from the main interstate. Noise level...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jason P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! This is a great review and it says a lot about my staff. They love what they do, and are very proud of this hotel. Thank you for taking the time to let them know what a great job they are doing!
Hartland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Reviews of this hotel are spot on. This hotel was very clean & well decorated, as soon as I walked in I was happy. Staff was great at check in, and the value was amazing. Only issue was the breakfast...there wasnt any left! There was still an hour to go & the breakfast area was completely cleaned out, not even a slice of bread to toast ): I would still recommend the hotel highly, that's how happy I was with the actual room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! Customer feedback is very important to us, and we like all kinds. Unfortunately, yes, on some of our busier weekends, it is very hard to keep up with the breakfast. We try to double order on the weekends we know we will be busy, but sometimes we just get cleaned out.
DeLand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This deserves to be number one! Not only this hotel in great condition the General Manager Jason Pnacek went over and above to aid us in solving a problem with Priceline. He spent over on hour to fix the problem and comped part of our stay. THIS IS A HOTEL WITH GREAT MANAGEMENT AND IT SHOWS IN THE ENTIRE STAFF!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! No, I didn't go over and above. I did what was right. Myself and my staff are here to serve you, our guest. What the third party website did to you was wrong, and it's my job to make it right. When they tried to tell me it was my fault, I simply wouldn't take "no" for an answer (sometimes it's fun to let em' have it!). That is why I encourage all of my guests to call my hotel direct (269.353.3200), and avoid the hassles of online bookings. I can usually match almost any offer they are giving you. It was my pleasure helping you in that arduous ordeal, and can't wait until we meet again!

-Jason

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!