“Good Hotel however pool area showing wear and tear” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bittersweet Ski Package
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Dublin, Ohio
“Good Hotel however pool area showing wear and tear”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Room was nice and very clean. The staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the pool and whirlpool area, which had some surprising wear and tear (chipped paint and concrete - see my uploaded picture) and definitely needs some updating. I opted not to swim, which was disappointing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hello Michael S,

Thank you for providing TripAdvisor with a review of our property. I am very sorry you were unable to enjoy the pool facilities while you were with us. This is an area we are looking to improve once the busy summer has passed.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay aside from the minor issues. I hope that you will visit again once we have refinished the pool and hot tub.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Warm regards,

Alexis Bolser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our room was so clean; it made me very happy! One of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed in this year! Staff was friendly. The breakfast area was large and welcoming. The complementary breakfast food was typical Hampton Inn fare. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello AnnieS04,

Thank you for reviewing and recommending our hotel. It means the world to us that you took time out of your day to share your experience and would recommend us to fellow travelers! I was very excited to share your review with our housekeeping team, they work very hard and it was a treat to show them they were recognized on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Kalamazoo!

-Alexis Bosler
The Northern most Key - Mil-wau-key
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

As a Hilton Honors member, I try to stay at Hilton properties whenever possible. That usually means I get good accommodations, but sometimes the opposite can be true. In this particular case I got outstanding accommodations. Check in was smooth, the room was large, and the hotel was clean. The complementary breakfast was excellent. I got a great value, and I will stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello eyw-mke!

Thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing your experience. We are truly humbled by the title of your response. We take a lot of pride in providing our guests with a top-notch experience and it is very nice to hear such kind words from one of our loyal Hilton Honors members.

We hope to see you again soon!

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Having been let down with our holiday rental on the 4th of July, we travelled from South Haven almost giving up hope of finding a room for the night as every place we stopped at was full. It was getting very late into the night when we pulled up at the Hampton Inn at Kalamazoo, and were told by a very friendly and helpful Bonnie at the front desk that they could sort us out a room with a roll out bed for our children. They room was spacious, clean, comfortable beds and like a gift from above given the late hour and the despair we were all feeling. After a good nights sleep we enjoyed a great complementary breakfast of porridge, fresh fruit, freshly cooked waffles and nice coffee. The children had a swim in the pool, which was an added bonus. The room rate was exceptionally reasonable given the date and the fact we had already been quoted $400 by a rival hotel. Thank you to Bonnie and the rest of the staff for their help and kindness.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Elaine F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am very sorry your 4th of July did not go as planned. I am very happy to hear that Bonnie was able to place you and your family here at our property. Traveling can be very stressful when things don't go as planned and at Hampton we want you to feel at home when you walk through our doors.

I hope your family was able to enjoy the holiday together and we hope to see you again if in this area!

Southfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel, I travel extensively for work and I am often moving from Hotel to Hotel, my stay here was great, the front desk was very attentive, and I absolutely loved the Fitness Center! Great location right off the highway and very easy to find! I will be staying here again for sure when I am in the Kalamazoo area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi April B!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear you enjoy staying at our hotel. We do offer corporate discount for a number of local businesses, if you're not already set up please ask for me the next time you stay. I would love a chance to make you one of our valued accounts.

Thank you again April B and have a great day!

Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel lives up to Hampton standards which makes it a nice place to stay in my opinion. The room was spacious, we booked a whirlpool, which worked quite well, and we enjoyed it. The pool and whirlpool in the hotel were a nice size, but think they have a bit of a hard water problem, looked a little like sediment in the hot tub.Noise was a bit of an issue, as our room was near the pool and outdoor lounge. But that was just kids having fun, so it didn't go on for late or anything.This hotel is a bit out of the way, mind you we didn't go "foot exploring" or anything, did see a couple of restaurants/coffee shops in the area.Overall staff were helpful and friendly too!!! They went the extra mile that's for sure!!!

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from that pool area, however whirlpool rooms are on the first floor only.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Deb1956_15,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff gave you the service you deserve as our guest. I appreciate yor kind words and look forward to sharing them with my team. We hope to see you again soon Deb1956_15!

Warm regards,

Oxford, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped at this hotel in route to a professional motocross race with my son. We were upgraded to a studio room since it was open. Overall this is a nice clean location and my son loved the pool. We will be coming back to this location if we ever need to stay in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello Allen W,

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn & Suites here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at our property and were able to get in some relaxation before an exciting weekend at RedBud.

I hope the event went well for your son and we look forward to hosting you again.

-Alexis Bosler

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo? Share your experiences!