“Clean and comfortable hotel accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bittersweet Ski Package
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Toronto, Canada
“Clean and comfortable hotel accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night on route to return home to Canada. We found check-in to be quick and efficient, and our room was clean and satisfactory. There seemed to be a cleaning product smell that permeated the hallways and our room which was slightly unpleasant, but at least we found the room and bathroom to be spotless. The room was quiet, in spite of being on the ground floor near the parking lot, and we slept well in the comfortable bed. Wifi was free and always working, which was a great convenience. We helped ourselves to the breakfast that was included with our stay; seating was limited, but sufficient, and the food was tasty enough. There was a decent selection of fruit, yogurt, and baked goods. We did not try the popular waffle station. For a "free" breakfast it was fine. We had wanted to use the pool area, but it was very crowded and we opted to pass on it. We found the hotel to be comfortable and it met our needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mobile,AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this property for four nights last week because of its proximity to the campuses of Western Michigan and Kalamazoo College. I could not have been more pleased with this choice. This property looks to have been recently refurbished and updated. My room was clean with everything in good working order. My room on the third floor was on the I-94(south) side of the property but I experienced no noise problems on any of the four nights. My room was seamlessly cleaned each day. The breakfast area is open and airy with a wide variety of options. There was an attendant in the breakfast area each morning I was there who was friendly and helpful. I never had a problem finding a parking space during my stay.
Unlike some prior reviewers, I found the front desk staff to be courteous, attentive and helpful throughout my stay.
I thought I got excellent value for the AAA rate that I booked for this stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Knoxville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

As it is now the only Hampton Inn for the area I use this hotel a lot. It is clean, and the staff are always helpful, my only complaint would be not having a Microwave and Refridgerator. I like a cold drinks at night and a cup of Tea in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Wixom, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have stayed at hotels that have had much nicer rooms and the staff was much more friendly. I will not be staying at this hotel again. The front desk staff acted like I was a burden when I checked in. They didnt direct me to my room and couldnt get me checked in and out of their way fast enough. It was not a great feeling after working all day to have to deal with this at the end of the day. This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed at with this hotel chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Detroit, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently spent one night here on business. The hotel is modern and updated--both the lobby and the rooms. The staff was very friendly throughout the stay. Room size was comfortable, and the breakfast was typical Hampton--good selection, fresh, and tasty. From the hotel, you can walk to Culver's, Taco Bell, and a few other fast food restaurants. That is very convenient. The property is also close to the freeway, but not right up against it, so there is no highway noise. The only very small complaint I have is that the TV does not let you hook up any external devices, like a portable DVD player. Not a deal breaker, but in most hotels, you can either use the manual buttons on the TV or the remote to switch to another input. Not on these. Regardless, I would highly recommend this property and will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Like every other Hampton Inn hotels, you can count on a consistently great quality stay. We stayed for one night when we were seeing the musical "Wicked" at the Miller Auditorium in Kalamazoo.

The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the beds were comfortable.

The hotel was surrounded by restaurants that you can walk to, if you don't have a vehicle.

Overall it was a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our second stay at this hotel in less than 8 months. Very satisfied both times. The only "problem" during this visit was that the jets in the hot tub in our room were not very strong (disappointing because the room we had the first time had a much better hot tub). Our only other concern was that the floor in the shower seemed too slippery. Everything else about our stay was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo? Share your experiences!