“Good location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Good location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very good Hampton Inn. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel was clean and quiet and the free breakfast was more than adequate. Just a short drive to the airport, Western Michigan University and downtown Kalamazoo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
West Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I like this Hampton Inn. I've stayed here a number of times over the years. I'll admit - I'm influenced by Hilton HHonors points...but I had nothing wrong at all with my stay. It's Hampton Inn..so good breakfast choices/clean room/comfortable bed/friendly front desk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Average Hampton Inn but with an above average price. If another hotel moves in nearby, they will need to adjust pricing or make sure they continue to make improvements to the rooms. The breakfast area has been updated and is nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were in town for a funeral. Our rooms were clean and quiet. The mattresses are SO comfortable! The breakfast was great with lots of choices - just wish it would go to 11 am instead of 10 am! Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Danville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I was upgraded to a nice sized suite with a roomy seating area, and a small kitchenette with fridge, sink, and microwave. (And thanks for the popcorn in the room!)

My room was clean, as was the entire facility. At one point I walked down to the lobby and didn't put my shoes on. When I got back to my room my white socks were still very clean. The staff was incredibly helpful and made my stay very nice. I was able to extend my stay by a night at the last minute and the housekeeping staff was polite and welcoming.

The location is great and I thought it was a pretty quiet area. I stayed on the first floor and didn't think the noise from other rooms was bad at all. The exercise room was clean and in service, but the pool was out of service while I was there (for maintenance).

My only complaint (which is probably more of a corporate issue) is the small convenience store at the property. I admit I had a craving for chocolate, but $2.50 for a candy bar and $4.50 for an ice cream bar seems like highway robbery. Please, just put in a vending machine!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Joseph, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites this weekend. I have a very mixed review. While the customer service, lobby, breakfast and pool were all great, the rooms were not. We checked in and our room smelled very damp/musty. We opened the window and then left. When we came back it was just as bad and we noticed a large stain on the carpet (like something had spilled and then just dried/was never cleaned up). They were very accomodating and gave us a new room. Other than the smell, both rooms appeared very clean. We were very tired and went straight to bed (after a quick bathroom/bed inspection) The next morning, we realized that the air condition was full of mouse droppings. By this time, we were already packing and checking out. So while the staff was nice and everything "appeared" clean, maybe more attention to detail is needed. For the amount we paid for a standard queen room, it wasn't worth it. If I'm going to pay $169/night, I expect more than we got. This was more like a $89/night place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vejle, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for a business trip. They have apparently just renovated their first floor and it looks clean and updated. The staff is very nice, courteous and helpful. My chief complaint is that the walls are very thin and I cannot fall asleep at night because I can hear my neighbors talking as late as 1130 pm. I called the reception and told them about the problem. The problem was fixed.
My second recommendation is for them to have microwave and a small fridge in the room. I will not come back here because other local hotels have these features and their walls are thicker.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate the feedback. I would like to let you know that our property does have rooms with microwaves and mini refrigerators. These rooms are our suites; you must selected a standard room for your stay. I do apologize that the other guests kept you up. Thank you for noticing our recent upgrades, we are excited about the change. If you choose to stay with us, we can see if you can reserve you a suite on a floor less crowded. Safe Travels.

Gary Sabbagh

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo? Share your experiences!