“Breakfast was N/A since I left the motel at 4:15amDesk...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo

Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
You added Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2615 Airview Boulevard, Kalamazoo, MI 49002 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Breakfast was N/A since I left the motel at 4:15amDesk...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Breakfast was N/A since I left the motel at 4:15am
Desk clerk had neglected to note my request for a taxi at 4:15. No inconvenience, and a minor encouragement for the oncoming shifts to read the log.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The motel clerk was very nice. Told us about check out time and breakfast in the morning. The motel room was large, king size bed, sofa couch that folded out to be a bed, free wifi, large bathroom. Also, had a pool. The bed was very comfy. The shower was good. Very nice & quiet and clean motel. I will recommend this motel to my friends and stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Surprisingly clean and quiet with a good breakfast sampling. Not a five star but we just needed a good night's sleep. Pillows were a little "old" but bed comfortable. No blanket but just a spread. The price and great location was a real deal!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
AngieCCS, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Paddletown H,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are striving towards a comfortable and pleasant environment for our guest and it's good to hear we achieved that. We hope to see you again sometime soon.

Fremont, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While visiting family during the holiday, I stayed at this Days Inn in Kalamazoo on Thanksgiving night thru Sunday a.m. and my stay was most enjoyable; the front desk and housekeeping staff were most hospitable, enjoyable and most friendly. The two ladies who serviced my room were very pleasant and I enjoyed the conversations we shared; they were most kind, helpful and offered whatever assistance they could. My family lives there and I do intend to return to this Days Inn in the near future. The only thing lacking was a business center because I was having trouble with my laptop.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and it was very quiet; easy access to the pool, fitness room, kitchen...
Bhoneymoney40,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review of our property! It's great to hear our efforts are being well-received. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed speaking with our staff and they treated you well. We are still working out our kinks in our property but everything will be up and running here soon. Hopefully we will be seeing you again and you can see how much further we've come.

Homewood, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I gave it a 2 for the employees only. They were very accommodating and pleasant. The rooms were small & dirty. The heat didn't work properly, and there was only a thin sheet and very thin, scratchy quilt on the bed. The mattresses are extremely worn and lumpy. I could feel springs on both beds. The chains on the door were so long, I was able to reach in the door and unhook it from the outside. The pool was green and murky, and the pool room had no heat. The continental breakfast was decent, but the hours were short.

jen17132014,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. The issues with your room were unfair and disappointing, and I apologize fully for the state of your room. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our staff. We are currently in the middle of remodeling and achieving a comfortable environment for our guests. We hope you will give us another try in the future to see how far we have come. Thank you taking the time to write a review, we appreciate all input on our property.

Vicksburg, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014

While it was something out of their direct control, there were power issues with the pool, which was the whole reason for our trip. We live locally, and were looking for a mini family escape and some fun in the pool. An accident on the nearby freeway had knocked out the power grid, and they didn't have full power back, so the pool room was very cold. They did allow us to take our chances, and the kids did get to spend a little time in the pool that evening and the following morning. There was no offering to help make it right otherwise.
Breakfast was okay, but the oatmeal and the syrup were pretty inedible. The gravy looked delicious, but there were no biscuits, and the bananas weren't quite ripe yet. I know this is nitpicking a free service, but just sharing my observation.
I don't believe we will return to the same location the next time, but I can't say that for sure.

Strakamom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I do apologize for the issues we had with power and it was terribly unfortunate that you didn't get the pool time that you would have liked. We have since then fixed our pool furnace and are glad to say all in the pool is well and up and running. Our breakfast does go beyond continental breakfast standards by having the hot items we do have. We have been working hard to create a customized and comfortable environment for all of guests. We do hope we get to see you again in the future.

Customer Care Specialist

Been to Days Inn and Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!