“great staff and very accomodating” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5425 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-1907   |
Ranked #3 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
Chicago, Illinois
“great staff and very accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sharon was wonderful in helping me get the best rate possible (a very good competitive rate) which is why I ended up extending my stay... I'm in hotels in 5 states four nights a week and her great service is why I came back. The hotel is well maintained, like most Red Roof Inns and the rooms very clean... the combination is what I look for in every stay but don't always get. Sharon is very well dedicated to her job and from the looks of things she's not the only one there... Good management shows up at all levels!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Sharon was able to provide for you. I am extremely happy that she was able to help you with your rate and give you the value that you expect. I am pleased that you also enjoyed the effort put forth by both our housekeeping and maintenance staff.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Perfect spot to stop :) Because of the Awesome Insight that the 2 Lovey lady's working, Sharon and Brittany!!, had I got a Great Rate and a Nice Clean room for My Birthday!!! Thank You!! Will be stopping in Again!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Sharon and Brittany were able to provide for you. It sounds like you were able to have a wonderful birthday, congratulations.

We are happy that you enjoyed the value of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon, Brittany and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Berkley, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went for a dog show.....had dogs with me. They had bags for dog waste and a place to put it! The room was beautiful! I won with my girl...and left a ribbon there by mistake. They took the time and spent money on a stamp to send it to me!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the fact that we are pet friendly. We love serving all of our guests.

Congratulations on your results at the dog show, I am sure that it was an exciting time for you..

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you so much for staying with us.
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ask for Sharon to help with any requests, she does a Fantastic Job. Red Roof should have more employes that work this hard to make their clients happy. The rugs had just been cleaned and the room was very nice for the price.

Thanks Sharon,

Lynn H

Room Tip: Ask Sharon for help
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the cleanliness of our product.

Sharon will be excited to hear your comments as she loves working with our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Staying at the Red Roof Inn @ the Western MI location was very nice. A low cost usually means low quality, but not the case here. From check in where Craig was very helpful and friendly with info that we needed for the area to Steve who was very prompt and courteous to help with a repair that needed to be done. Finally, Cindy the next morning greeted us with fresh towels and anything else we needed. I will definitely revisit and recommend to my friends. Thank you red roof for the wonderful comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the value of our product. I am happy to hear that Steve was able to assist you during your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig, Cindy, Steve and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The rooms are always clean, and the lighting on the desk is very good, which is not always the case in hotels. Sharon (at the front desk) is very pleasant and helpful year after year, as are all the folks on the desk. They provide written directions if you need a drugstore or other kind of store nearby. The cleaning staff is also very friendly; all the workers seem happy and cheery, which is definitely not the experience I have had at other hotels. Last year, I inadvertently left an important book behind that i really needed, and it took only one call for them to mail it back to me immediately. Now THAT is customer service. Needless to say, I will continue to stay at this hotel whenever I am in Kalamazoo

Room Tip: they have all been good so far.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Sharon was able to provide for you. I know that she takes great pride in her work and truly enjoys working with our guests and I know that she will be thrilled with your review.

We are happy that you enjoyed our rooms and the value of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Coopersburg PA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This property continues to be superbly run, with a most helpful and friendly staff, a comfortable and up-to-date furnished facility, and at a very good price. Well located in the Kalamazoo area for highway accessibility. Decent food delivery options and good restaurants near by. All-around, a great value!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that our staff was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed our rooms and the value of our product.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U? Share your experiences!