“Couldn't ask for better” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5425 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-1907   |
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Couldn't ask for better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival to the establishment, we were humorously greeted by Craig. He was very accommodating with directions and condolences as we were there for a funeral. Apparently there is a funeral discount and Craig was more than willing to apply that to our bill.

The room was small but functional for just an overnight sleep. We enjoyed the personalization of the housekeeper on the comment card. The shower was clean and hot, the TV, phone, and thermostat had simple directions, and the desk chair was comfortable.

Even though the premises is old, everything was modernized (with the exception of the mural in the lobby that Craig pointed out to us) The bed smelled and felt clean and he made it possible for our group to stay close in rooms.

Craig definitely made this experience memorable. Number one factor. He was warm, welcoming, and accommodating. He even brought a hair dryer to our room since I forgot mine.

Thank you Craig and Red Roof Inn for making our unfortunate stay in Kalamazoo a bit easier.

Brent and Tracy Clark

• Stayed January 2013
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you, we are pleased that you enjoyed your accommodations as well. We are happy that Craig and our staff were able to make you feel welcome at such a stressful time.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was very clean We spent one night in this Red Roof, we had great service from Craig...the rooms were little small but comfortable and tastefully decorated....Even the cleaning personal where kind and attentive....much better than many other Red Roofs

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig and the rest of our team was able to provide for you and your party. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be attentive to your needs.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We love that Red Roof Inn allows dogs and does not charge an extra fee. The grounds were large and had lots of space for a walk. After checking the reviews on TripAdvisor, we a superior king room and found it acceptable, but nothing special. The pillows and sheets had some brown staining on them, as did the floor of the shower area. Our biggest complaint, however, is that the walls were very thin! At 6:00 am, we could hear the alarm clock of the next room, as well as whatever they were watching on TV the night before. But for under $60 you can't really complain.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy that you and you pets enjoyed our grounds and our pet policy in general. We pride ourselves in being pet friendly and we are very pleased when we receive positive feedback.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We spent one night in this Red Roof, we had great service, from night with Eric, to morning with Craig...the rooms were little small but comfortable and tastefully decorated....Even the cleaning personal where kind and attentive....much better than many other Red Roofs.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Eric and Craig was able to provide for you, as well as that of our cleaning staff.

We are happy that you felt comfortable and enjoyed the decor of our motel.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig, Eric and the rest of our team. We love receiving feedback from our guests as it helps us to improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently traveled to Western MI for a dog show held at the Kalamazoo Expo Center, and selected this hotel pretty much by chance. What a good guess it was! For people traveling with dogs, the first priority is grass & a safe place to walk your dog, and this location has it! Large, well-maintained grassy areas surround the facility, and waste disposal bags & bins are provided. Most areas were lighted, so anyone would feel very comfortable taking their dogs out at any hour of the day or night. This may seem like an odd priority, but you dog people will know how this can make or break a show weekend! The hotel was probably 95% show people the weekend I was there, and the staff welcomed us - people and canines alike!
This hotel is a little bit further away from the Kalamazoo Expo Center than the Red Roof Inn on the other side of town, but it is definitely worth the extra few miles. It took me about 20 minutes door-to-door and was an easy drive. Arriving back at the hotel to the open space and green grass was very relaxing for both me and my dogs.
While all the staff was courteous, helpful and friendly, Craig went above and beyond to assist me with directions to walking trails - providing me with directions, a map and urging me to phone if I got lost. He also steered me to a wonderful winery visit, and even remembered to ask how both had gone when I saw him the next day. You don't often encounter this level of customer service - so, thank you, Craig!
My room offered a comfortable king-sized bed, refrigerator and microwave. It also had a desk with ample plugs for electronic devices - a nice surprise! The bathroom did not include a hair-dryer, but the front desk loaned me one for the duration of my stay. They have a limited number, so you may wish to bring your own!
I will definitely stay at this location again, and would advise anyone traveling with a dog to stop here. Thanks to everyone at Red Roof Inn West for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig was able to provide for you.

We enjoy being pet friendly and we are happy to serve everyone (including pets) and hopefully to have you and your pet feel at home. We are happy that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

When i arrived in Michigan for a short term contract i stayed for three days in the red roof kalamazoo east and had a great experience, but planned to stay at an extended stay. I got to that place and it was terrible from the start so i went to the Red Roof that i passed, which is the West location, and was warmly greeted by Craig. He took the time to explain the rooms, rates and weekly option. i was thrilled with his exceptional service so canceled at the other place and stayed the month at Red Roof. Being a single woman, I was a bit concerned about the door being exposed to the outside, so Craig put me in a room across from the office and I felt safe. The room was spacious and clean. The staff took great care of me and when i stopped to get my coffee they all greeted me by name. It is rare these days to come across a consistently good experience. I highly recommend this location for the value and mostly for feeling valued and cared for during my stay!

• Stayed October 2012
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of you schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Craig and the rest of our staff was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you felt safe and secure; we know that is important, especially for female travelers.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig, and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we commit ourselves to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you in the near future.
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a perfect location for anyone visiting Western Michigan University .the King bed room was clean,spacious and modern.All of the staff were friendly and helpful.Craig on reception went way beyond the call of duty helping me with some local issues and guidance that saved me stress ,time and money.
Great value at a budget price

KevinJ
BC,Canada

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, October 31, 2012

We are happy that you enjoyed our Superior King room and the value of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U? Share your experiences!