“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This place is spotless, well maintained, and pet friendly. Carig the manager provided excellent service as did his entire staff. This is a good choice when visiting Kalamazoo.

It is also a short distance from the Kal-Haven trail. A good place to ride your bicycle or just to take an evening stroll.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received and our clean and well maintained rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rockford, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Dear Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West Managment,

I recently stayed at your hotel and am pleased to write about your 3rd shift staff Jenn. She was kind, helpful, and certainly willing to make sure my stay went well at your place. She embodies what true customer service is really about; putting the guest experience as the highest priority. She did this and more as she helped me navigate my way onto the WiFi service. I really needed to finish an important paper and she helped me late at night by providing me with hot water to make tea so I could finish my writing. I am so grateful for her great help and positive attitude. She does her job very well.
Please commend her for doing superb work.
Thank you.
Bradley J. Flikkema

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Jenn and the rest of our team. We are happy that Jenn was able to exceed your expections with her outstanding customer service.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Hartland, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Having checked in to a really sketchy hotel myself across town, I was checking my daughter in (at 10:30 p.m.) with her lacrosse team. I asked if they had any rooms available for that night and the next. Brittany at the desk said they were full, but she managed to find me a room so that I did not have to be across town from my daughter. She said she could't promise a room for the next night and I would have to check with the desk in the morning. I checked out of the sketchy hotel and came right back.The next morning Craig was at the desk. He said they were totally full, but I was welcome to check in with him throughout the day in case something turned up. He took my name and phone number. I called him in the early afternoon, and he said he thought he had a room. I was able to check back in to the hotel, he called to make sure the room was satisfactory and was unfailing cheerful and polite during my entire stay. He made me feel like an honored guest. The rooms were clean, the exterior areas were litter free and all the staff we encountered were friendly. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it. Bonnie Z.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our customer service. We were excited to have so many groups of people that stayed with us that attended the lacrosse tournament. I hear that it was a rousing success.

I will make sure to share your comments with Brittany, Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Room odor was bad, new mattress and pillows were long overdue. Air conditioner casing was stained and dirty.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our product and services. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The staff at the hotel were poliet and helpful. Sharon told us about a great place for breakfast. She made us feel very welcome. The room was clean as was the hotel itself. It is located at a great place for anyone traveling on I-94 or 131 and wanting to stay in the Kalamazoo area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

For the money I paid, $85 p/n, I expected better. The front desk staff were very pleasant. The room appeared clean but little things like hair left in the sink, soda can under the bed and soda splash marks on the bathroom door tend to bother me. I always pull the bedspread off the bed knowing they are never cleaned. The window air unit was either to hot or cold, hard to regulate the temp as it would not always kick in. The beds were not great quality, could feed the springs. I do like how dog friendly they are. They have a nice, large, green grass area (with dog pick up bags) for walking and playing. It is convenient to the interstate and restaurants are within a 5 minute drive. I booked it late and did not have many hotel options. If I did, I would have picked one that was available which offered breakfast because when I pay $85 for a hotel, it usually comes with some type of breakfast. Overall thought: cleanliness is 6 out of 10, but, again, they are pet friendly. It wasn't the worst place we stayed at. It did not have an offensive smell, it was in a good area, and the service was great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the service that you received.

I will make sure to share your comments with our housekeeping staff and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

From our arrival to departure 5 days later the staff went out of their way to make this a dog and peopl friendly experience. Craig was on duty when we arrived, and again when we left, and he could not have been more accomodating! There is lots of room to walk dgs, easy access to
I-94, and the price was great. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are very happy that we were able to make you and your pets stay an enjoyable one.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U? Share your experiences!