“Superb Value, Tremendously Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5425 West Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49009-1907   |
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Coopersburg PA USA
“Superb Value, Tremendously Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Just a note, to say that I've stayed often (most recently, about 20 days over the past 5 months) at this Red Roof, and have not only gotten terrific value (room: spotlessly clean; good furnishings and equipment) -- but the best part is the staff: Real People! Universally friendly and helpful. Professional, and more friendly and polite than the staff I have constantly encountered in my vast traveling experience in staying in hotels up to many times the price of Red Roof.

Especially halpfull to me with various travel issues is a man named CRAIG, often
researching travel-related questions that I have. Thanks, especially, Craig!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
tnortham, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the quality of our rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Your comments about our hospitality were much appreciated as we strive to make our guests feel at home.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Lake Orion, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Great place, convenient to my destination. Plenty of restaurants in the vicinity; close to Western Michigan University. Wi-Fi in each room is a great amenity.
Craig H. is always friendly and personable, interested in our comfort and well-being. Reservations are easy to come by, and they have given me the accommodations I request.

Room Tip: Ground floor is my preference.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have been staying at this property for many years---I keep coming back because of the excellent helpful staff-like Craig, great wi-fi, convenience to highway and good night's sleep! A resonably priced good hotel is out there and this is it!

Room Tip: ask for quiet room away from highway
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your gracious comments regarding your stay at the Kalamazoo West Red Roof Inn.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig and the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Kapolei, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I initially booked a room with motel 6 off of sprinkle road... (never stay there, it was horendously filthy, smelled, poop on the front door mat, huge gap in door where the dead bolt was crackerd, tv was bad with static, and there wifi didn't work at All)...

I changed my reservation to red roof inn Kalamazoo west, and for $5.00 more then what I paid at motel 6 I got piece of mind, clean spacious room, smelled good, clean shower, friendly service at the front desk, friendly maid, and clean walk ways and all around I felt safe...

After all the taxes were added my nightly stay for a night was ($56.52) believe me that's a steal... Love it love it love it... Trust me it is worth staying here... I will every time I am in town!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Kalamazoo West Red Roof Inn. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms.

Feedback from our guest is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.

Thank you again for being our guest and for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
Wasaga Beach, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The staff were very friendly. The room was clean, with plenty of room. The bathroom was small, but functional. The beds were okay, and the bedding was clean, even though there were a few stains on it. The mattresses were not the best I've slept on, but they weren't the worst either. We were just looking for a room to sleep in, and it fulfilled our needs. I would stay here again, should I be in the area. Be sure to let them know if you don't use the safe, as there is an automatic charge for it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Great place for quiet, ease of access to major highway, across from a fitness club, restaurants not too far away. Good internet and TV availability, friendly staff, clean room/bathroom with decent temperature control, felt safe with deadbolt lock. Thank you!

Room Tip: Second floor, away from highway, although still quiet everywhere.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Creve Coeur, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My fiance and I travel to the Kalamazoo area every couple of months, and this hotel has never disappointed us. The room is always clean, free of odors, and quiet. It is in a good location with very little noise and not seedy in the least bit, in my opinion. While there is no free breakfast, there is a great little diner, Rykse's, about 2 blocks away. The internet connection and TV work fine, at least every time I have stayed here. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in the Kalamazoo area. Great price, great employees, and overall a great experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo West - Western Michigan U? Share your experiences!