“Not as advertised” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East

You added Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Cork Street, I-94 to Sprinkle Rd (Exit 80), Kalamazoo, MI 49001-4611   |
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not as advertised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our first room smelled like a dingy ashtray and second was only slightly better with cigarette burns and stains on the bathtub and wastebaskets. No breakfast although restaurants nearby were available. The whole place looked dingy and in need of an upgrade but you get what you pay for- a sorta half decent room, bed, wifi and air conditioner.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the rooms first and insist on a clean and well maintained room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. We are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and facility. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry if we failed to do so.

I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wow what a simple and clean place! My family was here for a funeral and I needed great rooms and a great price. I checked out several places(physically) can't be too careful! Red Roof gave me a great price for really great rooms, not fancy, but clean and fresh. I booked 3 rooms for my family, the only complaint was there was no iron in the rooms.

Room Tip: always ask friends and family about places they have stayed more than once
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we were able to provide for you.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome, and our staff looks forward to hearing from our guests.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I always hope that I reach Chelsea on the phone when I make my reservation. She projects optimism and has a great memory as she makes sure my accommodations match my needs.

The staff all know me, and its great to feel that you're welcome back each time.

It is convenient to move your belongings in and out of this motel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for posting this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Chelsea; I know that she will be pleased to hear that you appreciate her hospitality. Feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated as we continually strive for improvement.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at this Red Roof annually for several years, when attending a nearby event. It's getting a little more seedy every year.
Back in early January I had reserved an accessible room for my May stay, as it was essential to have a ground floor room (knee injury). When I checked in I was assigned a second floor room. Fortunately this was changed when I told her I HAD to have a ground floor room, and showed my reservation printout, which plainly indicated my reservation for an accessible room, made nearly five months earlier. I still wanted an accessible room, but was told there were none available.
The air conditioner was not working properly when I checked in, and after several staff looked at it, I was told to report it if it still was not good in the morning. Of course it was not. I reported it, and was told it'd be fixed while I was away for the day. When I returned at the end of the day it wasn't even on. I turned it on and went out to dinner. When I came back it was off again, and I couldn't get it to come on this time. Called front desk again, the woman came down and removed the casing and pushed a button and it worked. Why couldn't anybody else figure this out for the first 24 hours? The first night, one staff member even suggested I put a gate across the doorway and leave my door open!
There are water stains on the walls and the door had a lot of marks on it, like somebody tried to kick it in once or something.
There seem to be a lot of long-term people living there.
The bed was never made, which is a pet peeve of mine.
On the plus side, the staff were all very nice, and this is an excellent location for my event, and there is a lot of nice grassy area to walk dogs.
I just wish they'd put a little money into spucing the place up a little, and replace those old air conditioners, which one of the staff did comment need replacing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Good location. Very worn. Lots of pets and families with small kids. Very noisy for a day sleeper. Room needs complete update, smelled like wet dog. Bed was clean although it needs a new mattress. Overall cleanliness was pretty good but overshadowed by worn carpet and fixtures. Water was not very hot. Skimpy towels but I guess you could ask for more. Bottom line is its a dated Red Roof with a friendly staff and good location off I-94.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to apologize for the condition of the room, please know that we are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and we appreciate your feedback on this matter. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night and that was enough, people right out in front of my window throwing F bombs right and left from 9:00pm untill midnight. You would think the saff would call the police of at least say something to the morons acting like idiot tuff guy Oh, I almost forgot, earlier in the day some guy came right up to me and wanted to buy a smoke and wouldn't go away for 10 minutes or so telling us his life story then came back later and wanted a ride to the bar, can you believe this? I was booked for 2 days but I checked out first thing in the morning. I told the person at the front desk about my redroof adventure and she replied have a nice day!! Way to loud, dirty rooms and poor staff!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. The safety and security of our guest is very important to us and if you felt uncomfortable in any way, I am extremely sorry.

We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry that we were unable to do so in your case. I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.
Concord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Writying this review for team member craig. Very nice room, staff is very friendly as well, night staff included. I normally stay in business king room and is always kept nice. Once in a while some idiot will be smoking in the room the night before and you can tell but housekeepers do good job overall. Stayed in a 2 bed room for about 6 weeks for a job and the experience was very good overall. thanks craig!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, April 30, 2013

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig; I know that he will be pleased to hear that you appreciate his hospitality. We are very happy that you enjoyed your room as well.