“Dated you get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Cork Street, I-94 to Sprinkle Rd (Exit 80), Kalamazoo, MI 49001-4611   |
Ranked #18 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
“Dated you get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Good location. Very worn. Lots of pets and families with small kids. Very noisy for a day sleeper. Room needs complete update, smelled like wet dog. Bed was clean although it needs a new mattress. Overall cleanliness was pretty good but overshadowed by worn carpet and fixtures. Water was not very hot. Skimpy towels but I guess you could ask for more. Bottom line is its a dated Red Roof with a friendly staff and good location off I-94.

• Stayed May 2013
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to apologize for the condition of the room, please know that we are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and we appreciate your feedback on this matter. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night and that was enough, people right out in front of my window throwing F bombs right and left from 9:00pm untill midnight. You would think the saff would call the police of at least say something to the morons acting like idiot tuff guy Oh, I almost forgot, earlier in the day some guy came right up to me and wanted to buy a smoke and wouldn't go away for 10 minutes or so telling us his life story then came back later and wanted a ride to the bar, can you believe this? I was booked for 2 days but I checked out first thing in the morning. I told the person at the front desk about my redroof adventure and she replied have a nice day!! Way to loud, dirty rooms and poor staff!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. The safety and security of our guest is very important to us and if you felt uncomfortable in any way, I am extremely sorry.

We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry that we were unable to do so in your case. I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.
Concord, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Writying this review for team member craig. Very nice room, staff is very friendly as well, night staff included. I normally stay in business king room and is always kept nice. Once in a while some idiot will be smoking in the room the night before and you can tell but housekeepers do good job overall. Stayed in a 2 bed room for about 6 weeks for a job and the experience was very good overall. thanks craig!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MLynnWard, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for posting this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with Craig; I know that he will be pleased to hear that you appreciate his hospitality. We are very happy that you enjoyed your room as well.

Feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated as we continually strive for improvement.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future
Winona Lake, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had in any hotel ever. I don't mind worn older rooms, but ours was dirty and reeked of smoke. My friend had paid for the room over the phone with her credit card the day before so when we checked in at 7 p.m. we were told everything was fine. My friend and I (we are both female) were awakened at midnight by a phone call from a new front desk person telling us that there was a problem with the bill. We sleepily told him we would deal with it in the morning since we only had a few more hours to sleep before we had to leave for our conference anyway. Ten minutes later the phone rang again and the same person told us we had to come to the front desk and pay for our room since our credit card had not gone through or they would call the police. Now we were scared. We really did not know if the call was coming from the front desk or someone just wanted us to open the door (the room doors at this hotel all open to the outside). So eventually we got the cash together (We certainly weren't giving them another card#), called the front desk using the 800 # to confirm that it really was coming from the hotel and paid our bill. We explained to the front desk clerk how upsetting it was and all he said was that the guy who had checked us in might not work there much longer because he caused problems and that he had called his boss to see what to do since our card hadn't gone through and his boss told him to call the police. As it turns out whoever took my friends card over the phone had written the # down wrong and if either the person on the phone or the person who checked us in had bothered to run the card then (like we were told they had) we could have caught the problem earlier and this overnight would just have been a stay in the grossest hotel room ever not also the scariest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this review.

I am extremely sorry and embarrassed for the way that you were treated during you stay at my inn. Please know that this is not normal procedure and I will take the necessary steps to make sure that this does not happen again. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly so I might personally apologize to you I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay.
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nathan and he set me up with a nice room and he was quite accommodating. The rooms have been renovated and are clean.

I find the staff to be always friendly. I think this means something to the business traveller.

I have recommended this hotel to another professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Nathan was able to provide for you.

We are happy that you enjoyed the quality and value of our product.

I will make sure to share your comments with Nathan and the rest of our team. Feedback from
our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It is truly a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kalamazoo MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

As I am in one of their rooms, I regret of not making better plans 6 months before.
All other hotels are booked to capacity.
The smell of smoker is almost instant.
There are hair on the pillow covers
there are stains on the counter tops that should have been cleaned
it is not a good option for a family stay... it is a trucker's pit stop.
I get what I paid for.

Room Tip: external rooms, no room service, need to get your own towels,
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had at our inn. We appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to share your review with my staff.

Our rooms are non-smoking and we take all measures available to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms and we also double check all of our rooms for cleanliness, it is obvious in this case that we dropped the ball. We try to exceed our guests expectations, and I am sorry that we were unable to do so in your case. I hope that you might allow us to better serve you in the future.
Oxford, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This hotel brags about being nonsmoking. I got my key and drug my luggage up the stairs, half way down the building outside in the cold and dark, exhausted, only to open the door to be nearly knocked down from the horrible smell of smoke. The room REEKED!!! I called the front desk and they found me another room that was better but it was still obviously recently smoked in. This one, however, had been sprayed with some heavy duty cleaning spray that made it smell like some heavy cleaning product with a hint of smoke. Horrible. As I left the next morning I saw at least four people standing inside their rooms with doors open smoking. This is ridiculous!!!! Either your hotel is non-smoking or it is not. Shame on you! Room was worn, and felt dirty. Stained carpets, etc. Take a lesson from your Akron, OH location. They are fabulous. I will never stay in your hotel again!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I apologize for your experience at our inn, it is our top priority to make our guests feel comfortable. Our rooms are non-smoking and we let our guests know of this at check in and we take all measures available to prevent guests from smoking in our rooms. We try to exceed our guests expectations and in this case it seems not only did we not exceed it, we did not meet it either. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in town.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East? Share your experiences!