“Adjust your expectations” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East

You added Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Cork Street, I-94 to Sprinkle Rd (Exit 80), Kalamazoo, MI 49001-4611   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Adjust your expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Maybe this place is coasting on the reputation of previous reviews. I encountered multiple signs that they're not trying harder. First impressions: the driveway and parking lot are past due for repaving. The lot in the back demands careful maneuvering, as the many full-length pickups parked on both sides give sparse room in between. Inside the room where I stayed, there were lots of scuffs and signs of hard wear. The desk chair was wobbly, with a squashed, stained cushion. If you get a first floor room, prepare for abundant sounds when someone in the room above uses a shower. When I returned to my room about six p.m. on a Tuesday, neither room key worked. I went to the front desk and was confronted by a locked lobby and a sign proclaiming the desk clerk would be back in 10 minutes. It took her well more than 15. But no matter, she quickly re-made my keys with no hint of an apology for the inconvenience. Still, the rooms are clean and the price isn't bad for the area. Adjust your expectations and you'll likely do okay. At least the TV is new and the single-cup coffee maker works fine.

Room Tip: Get a second floor room to avoid hearing lots of plumbing noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey.

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I have spoken with my team and we do use the feedback from our guests to understand how to not meet their expectations but how can we exceed their expectations. We never want to rest on the positive experiences of our previous guests , we always strive to raise the level of that experience.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Thomas, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We usually try to stay at a Red Roof Inn when traveling because of their consistent quality and value for the money. Unfortunately this one was not up to par. We arrived around 10pm needing a place to seep before continuing on to Milwaukee the next day. We were assigned a room on the second floor. It was a non smoking room yet is had a stale smoke odor. The table, chair and bedding were obviously well used. The carpet was dirty and sticky, so much so that my girlfriend was uncomfortable taking off her shoes. Since we were getting back on the road bright and early the next morning we put up with it for one night. But overall it was disappointing for a Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal Red Roof Inn guest.

I apologize to you for having a room that smelled of smoke, I have reviewed procedures with both housekeeping and maintenance to insure that we are providing the freshest rooms possible.

I would also like to apologize for the condition of the room, please know that we are working hard in an attempt to upgrade our rooms and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.
East Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Red Roof Inn would be the first of two Red Roofs during a fifthteen day trip. The room was good size, with comfortable king bed, with four pillows. Total room furishings included long two dwarer chest, writing desk and chair on rollers. End table withmphone & clock. A small round table. Large comfortable lazy boy like rocker. Mico/fridge. Large Panasonic wide screen with only 12 channels, four ESPN, two HBO and the Speed Channel.

No closet, but a wall rack with five hangers. Sink area is wall to wall, with a four by four foot mirror. NO hair dryer. Coffee maker on writing desk. Bathroom is on the small size. Ok foe a small/medium person. This facility is NOT for the handicapped. Shower/tub combo. Plenty of towels, but scratchy, lucky I had my own big fluffy shower towel. Small bars of hand soap. Tear open packets of shampoo.The sink area, bathroom floor and tub all very clean. No mold/mildew or hair around or in the tub.

The a/c worked fine, not to loud. This a smoke-free facility. Smelled no smoke from the previous guest. Also a two story faculity. All rooms open to the parking lot. No long walks down the hall way carrying luggage. Just back up to your door, unload and reload.

Plenty of places to eat. A Burger King next door, Arbys across Cork Street, a Godfathers pizza and Dennys. Breakfast isn't much, walked to DEnnys. An ice and snack machine are next to the front office. The office is on the end of the facility as a guest drives into the parking lot. Plenty of parking.

Each of the entire staff I met was friendly and helpful.

I probably would return again. All I need is a comfortable bed, clean room, quiet neighborhhood, at a reasonable price, which Red Roof provided. This facility is just minutes away from interstate I-94. The only minus was the limited number of clannels. However, I wasn't there to watch television.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post such a thorough review of our property. We are so pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Niles,Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The king room was nice size and the desk area had plenty of room and easy to get to plugs! . The furniture was a little worn/stained as well as the carpet. The front desk gal was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you felt comfortable during your stay with us.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated as we strive to improve our quality and service each day.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had to make a last minute trip from Ga to go and see my daughter's father, who was dying. They gave me a hospital rate, which was a great help financially. Elizabeth was very kind and concerned. The room was clean, comfortable, and nice. We checked out to go home on Sunday am, but my ex-husband took a drastic turn for the worse so we stayed. I called to see if we could get our room back. We weren't able to but Alysse got us into another room which was just as nice as the other one. Both these ladies were extremely kind, considerate, and helpful. Thank you for making a very difficult time easier. It was nice not to have to worry about where we were going to stay and knowing that we had a nice, clean room with comfortable beds especially since we were traveling so far from home and with an infant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that was provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth, Alysse and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had a great stay there last week. My room was clean and comfy. Elizabeth was helpful and professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Elizabeth provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Liz and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recently was in town for the UKC Dog Show. I come every year and stay at Red Roof. They are close to the fairgrounds for the show and show you a nice stay. They are accomodating for my dogs and Elizabeth and the other girls are always willing to help me with whatever I need. My room was clean and comfortable. I will stay again next year.

Room Tip: If you have dogs--try the bottom floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you had a wonderful time at the dog show.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East? Share your experiences!