“Quiet one night stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3701 East Cork Street, I-94 to Sprinkle Rd (Exit 80), Kalamazoo, MI 49001-4611   |
Ranked #18 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
East Syracuse, New York
“Quiet one night stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This Red Roof Inn would be the first of two Red Roofs during a fifthteen day trip. The room was good size, with comfortable king bed, with four pillows. Total room furishings included long two dwarer chest, writing desk and chair on rollers. End table withmphone & clock. A small round table. Large comfortable lazy boy like rocker. Mico/fridge. Large Panasonic wide screen with only 12 channels, four ESPN, two HBO and the Speed Channel.

No closet, but a wall rack with five hangers. Sink area is wall to wall, with a four by four foot mirror. NO hair dryer. Coffee maker on writing desk. Bathroom is on the small size. Ok foe a small/medium person. This facility is NOT for the handicapped. Shower/tub combo. Plenty of towels, but scratchy, lucky I had my own big fluffy shower towel. Small bars of hand soap. Tear open packets of shampoo.The sink area, bathroom floor and tub all very clean. No mold/mildew or hair around or in the tub.

The a/c worked fine, not to loud. This a smoke-free facility. Smelled no smoke from the previous guest. Also a two story faculity. All rooms open to the parking lot. No long walks down the hall way carrying luggage. Just back up to your door, unload and reload.

Plenty of places to eat. A Burger King next door, Arbys across Cork Street, a Godfathers pizza and Dennys. Breakfast isn't much, walked to DEnnys. An ice and snack machine are next to the front office. The office is on the end of the facility as a guest drives into the parking lot. Plenty of parking.

Each of the entire staff I met was friendly and helpful.

I probably would return again. All I need is a comfortable bed, clean room, quiet neighborhhood, at a reasonable price, which Red Roof provided. This facility is just minutes away from interstate I-94. The only minus was the limited number of clannels. However, I wasn't there to watch television.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post such a thorough review of our property. We are so pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Niles,Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The king room was nice size and the desk area had plenty of room and easy to get to plugs! . The furniture was a little worn/stained as well as the carpet. The front desk gal was very pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
tnortham01, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you felt comfortable during your stay with us.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated as we strive to improve our quality and service each day.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
Calhoun, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We had to make a last minute trip from Ga to go and see my daughter's father, who was dying. They gave me a hospital rate, which was a great help financially. Elizabeth was very kind and concerned. The room was clean, comfortable, and nice. We checked out to go home on Sunday am, but my ex-husband took a drastic turn for the worse so we stayed. I called to see if we could get our room back. We weren't able to but Alysse got us into another room which was just as nice as the other one. Both these ladies were extremely kind, considerate, and helpful. Thank you for making a very difficult time easier. It was nice not to have to worry about where we were going to stay and knowing that we had a nice, clean room with comfortable beds especially since we were traveling so far from home and with an infant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that was provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth, Alysse and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome and appreciated.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had a great stay there last week. My room was clean and comfy. Elizabeth was helpful and professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service that Elizabeth provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with Liz and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recently was in town for the UKC Dog Show. I come every year and stay at Red Roof. They are close to the fairgrounds for the show and show you a nice stay. They are accomodating for my dogs and Elizabeth and the other girls are always willing to help me with whatever I need. My room was clean and comfortable. I will stay again next year.

Room Tip: If you have dogs--try the bottom floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you had a wonderful time at the dog show.

I will make sure to share your comments with Elizabeth and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was truly a pleasure having you as our guest.
MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

It had been several years since I stayed here last and was happy to see it had not gone downhill. I write this review with a budget hotel in mind, this wasn't meant to be a Westin. Check-in was fast, accurate and friendly. My friend and I had dogs with us and found LARGE fields of grass everywhere. This was a very dog-friendly hotel. The room was clean, well appointed and there was plenty of room for people and dogs. The carpet smelled clean, the bathroom was near spotless with plenty of room to get ready. The bathroom amenities were very basic, the towels a bit small, but not tiny. The TV was basic and worked fine. I slept VERY well as the bed was very comfortable, pillows were just right and the comforter & sheets were soft. I didn't hear much outside noise either.

The location is perfect and walking distance to many restaurants and fast food. I tried the Denny's "next door" and had EXCELLENT service and food. It was very convenient to the Kalamazoo Fairgrounds and anywhere else since it was right off I-94. The overall neighborhood felt very safe.

The only "con" is I didn't see an elevator, so with dogs, it was a bit of a pain to keep going up and down stairs with loads of supplies and crates (try to get a bottom floor if you can). Plus, I only found one ice machine at the far end of the property.

Check out was just as friendly and helpful, I'd definitely stay here again. This Red Roof is well-run and feels they take pride in their service and upkeep of the property.

Room Tip: I didn't see an elevator, so definitely request a bottom floor room if your needs require it.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are happy that you were able to enjoy our pet friendly hotel and the service that was provided.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
The Villages, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We are on a road trip and this is the third Red Roof we stayed in, the other two were very good. If we hadn't checked in late (10PM) we would have left and gone to another hotel. The room was poor at best, the two chairs were disgustingly dirty, there were large yellow stains on both bedspreads, and the ceiling above one bead has a very large stain and looks like the ceiling could fall down. We weren't feeling very comfy.

Room Tip: Look at the room first before yo check in most hotels will be glad to do that
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review. We are very sorry that your experience was less than you expected.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services and product. Please know that we make guest satisfaction our number one priority and that we appreciate your feedback and look at it as an opportunity to improve.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Been to Red Roof Inn Kalamazoo East? Share your experiences!