“We had a very nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
GRANVILLE
“We had a very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here one night for a visit to Kalamazoo College the next day. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient both at check-in and check-out. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the bathroom had a nice long counter. The breakfast was fine, but I really dislike having to use plastic utensils and plates. I am a very light sleeper, but I had no problem with the road noise. It's not a particularly convenient hotel to the college, but I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
We are pleased to know that we could accommodate you, even though we were out of the way. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. We look forward to having you back on your future visits to Kalamazoo.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had to go to Battle Creek for business but didn't find a quality hotel that fit my budget. I chose the Holiday Inn Express in Kalamazoo. The hotel is on the east side of town without much to do nearby. I asked the ladies at the front desk for recommendations and they were very helpful. The hotel next door has the same owners and it has a great Manager's Reception on Wednesday evenings. The beer and BBQ were complimentary and both were very good. Visitors also get a discount at a local favorite resturant down the road where once again the food and beer were excellent.

What impressed me the most however was when Angel called me 30 minutes after I checked out. She noticed an error on my bill and called to let me know that she had fixed it and wondered if I needed an updated receipt. I really appreciate the fact that she took her time to resolve a problem before I even knew I had one.

If I need to travel to this area again I'll definately stay here.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing away from the highway as they're quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KBaker041484, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We truly appreciate the time you have taken to write this review Bill M. We are very pleased to know that you had chose our property in Kalamazoo and we will definitely look forward to having you back in the future.
Bath, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great job Holiday Inn Express team. My family asked me find a hotel where we all could stay to attend a family gathering in K'zoo. It started out 3 rooms one night, turned out up to 5 rooms, three nights. My family is hard to please at times. I did not hear one complaint. Clean rooms, warm clean pool, comfy beds, great service from the staff, (thanks for everything Angel), breakfast fresh and up to date exercise equipment. The one suggestion may be a hot tub spa. My 9 year old daughter asked when we can stay again at this hotel. We will stay again when in K'zoo.

Room Tip: Always check out the price difference for the suite, worth a couple extra bucks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KBaker041484, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank You so much Robert B for taking the time to talk so highly of our property & and team members. We are pleased to know we could accommodate you and your family so comfortably, especially when the kids are comfortable and enjoying themselves we know we did something right. Thank you again and we will be looking forward to your next journey to K'zoo.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at this holiday inn express for business , 2 nights . It's been over a year since I visited this location. I was pleasantly surprised with the new carpet and furniture in rooms. Bathroom had new fixtures and lighting which was a complaint before. Breakfast was ok, typical for HIX. People were friendly and gave a complimentary up grade room for gold member status which was a nice amenitiy. Close to shops and restaurants , would recommend and will come again !

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our improvements of our property. We appreciate your loyalty as a Gold Priority Club Member and being a returning guest, we look forward to having you back the next time you are in Kalamazoo.
Temperance, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We enjoyed the recent 2 nights in the hotel. The room was particularly quiet, roomy and comfortable. The service was attentive and efficient. The free breakfast was largely similar to all others of the same type and quite acceptable. The road in was somewhat hard to find but turned out to be quite worth the hunt. The resturant accross the parking lot was, as recommended by the staff, quite good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KBaker041484, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You kindly for your review, we are pleased to hear that it was worth the hunt. We look forward to being able to accommodate you again the next time you are in Kalamazoo.
Horton, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is not bad but overpriced for what you get.
The room was clean, but the beds were so low that I felt like a giant (@ 5'6"). They weren't all that comfortable either.
My biggest complaint is breakfast. First, it ends at 9:30 on a Sunday which I find ridiculously early. Second, when we went down at 9:00 almost everything was empty. After waiting quite a while, only a few things were replenished. It was a big disappointment.
The location was perfect since we were going to Wings Stadium, but next time we will try a different hotel in that area.

• Stayed March 2013
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We do apologize about your last stay with us and have submitted your review to management, we are considering modifying our breakfast times on the weekends. We do hope you will give us another try next time you are in Kalamazoo and Thank you sincerely for your feedback it has been taken into consideration.
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel right after a major snow storm, but had no trouble with area roads or the parking lot. The third floor room was roomy and very clean, with good water pressure and temperature. We could hear the highway noises (just the trucks), but it was very faint and didn't bother us at all. The front desk clerk was very friendly when we checked in. The breakfast buffet the next morning was great (especially the cinnamon rolls!), and the area was kept clean and filled. Our child loved the fresh pancakes, and I enjoyed the large windows over-looking the clean, fresh snow. The sun coming in was refreshing in February! Check out was quick and friendly. We would stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
We are pleased to know we could accommodate you and your family so comfortably, that is our goal. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay, our staff and our facilites, we look forward to being able to accomodate you again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!