“A very comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Kabul
“A very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Holiday Inn Experss was choosen on the fly while we were traveling in Michagan.
We just walked in and were able to obtain a resaonable rate at the desk.
The room was not spacious but was large, well decorated and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful as we requested the location of various sights and resturants. We were give maps and directions. The breakfast buffet was well stocked, had a little of everything and was kept neat and clean. We used the fitness room but not the pool.
Overall the stay was comfortable and restorative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
On behalf of all staff, thank you! It is wonderful to read reviews like this one because it shows that our consistent efforts do not go without notice. Comfort and cleanliness are our top priorities here at the Holiday Inn Express of Kalamazoo. Thanks again for taking time out of your day to help make that known.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cleveland Heights, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My complaints regard the hotel's location, but the helpfulness of the staff was a definite redeeming quality. The building is near a highway, but the staff kindly accommodated my request for a room on the other side of the building, which proved to be noiseless.

No ATM but staff will direct you to another hotel just across the parking lot.

Staff worked with me for late check out at no cost. As I had no where to go until the evening, I later succeeded getting a partial-night rate to stay until 8pm.

Standard, no-frills complimentary breakfast. Good hot coffee was available all day in the dining area.

King-bed rooms here are substantially larger than king rooms of several less remote Holiday Inns I've stayed in. My living space was clean and comfortable.

The friendliness and will to help of the front desk ladies have guaranteed I'll stay here next time I visit Kalamazoo.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We do our best to specially prepare each room prior to our guest arrival as well as make them feel as comfortable as possible while they are here. A huge thank you for taking the time out of your day to publicly acknowledge our efforts. Holiday Inn Express of Kalamazoo strives to be at the heart of everything we do and will settle for nothing less than to be considered a "Great Hotel that Guest Love".
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was for business, the room was clean and very comfortable. I wish all the rooms had microwave and refrigerators. My only complaint is after being allowed to have an extension on check out, housekeeping constantly knocked on my door at 9.30am. And on top of that a lady kept yelling laundry loudly up and down the hall. My final issue came when another housekeeper tried to force her way into my room,with her key. I finally had to get out of bed at 9.50am and tell them I was in my room still and even had an extension to check out at 1pm. Now keep in mind all this took place way before there normal checkout time of 12 noon. I was upset and left before 11 am. I wish they would at least honor there own checkout time,before harrassing you to leave.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. As the General Manager at this property I take full responsibility to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. I have shared this review with staff and we, as a whole, would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience posed during your stay.

Once again, Thank you and we hope to accommodate you in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Service was excellent and rooms were clean. Issues were the beds were very lumpy and the hotel was next to the highway. I was here on cinco de mayo for a bowling tournament and I didn't get much sleep. If you want sleep lay on the floor with earplugs because it's loud and the beds are terrible

• Stayed May 2012
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. As you have already stated, this hotel is located next to the highway. However, we do have half of our rooms with windows facing our parking lot which is much less noisy. We understand how you feel about your recent stay and would kindly like to suggest that a request for a quiet room be made for any future visits. This will ensure that the front desk is able to place you in a more accommodating location in the hotel. We also have looked into your feedback about the beds and are considering upgrading our mattresses. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Every piece of feedback is taken to heart and helps us improve.
Ortonville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

Upon entering, the hotel had automatic sliding doors, thank you. I take this for granted until I mistakenly stay at a place with regular doors that slam on your luggage as you try to quickly scoot out the door. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and professional. The hotel was very clean as was my room too. There was a pool, but I didn't use. The fitness room was good, consisting of 2 treadmills, bike, weight machine, tv, towels, and water. I had a room with a king bed which was very comfortable and had five pillows labeled with varying degrees of firmness. Bonus** there were two available outlets next to the bed for charging my phone and tablet. The complimentary breakfast consisted of almost everything: warm cinnamon rolls, pancakes, bacon, eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereals (hot and cold), breads, juices, and coffee. There may have been more offerings, too many to name. I was very pleased. A USA Today newspaper under your door in the morning. I would definitely stay here again when I return on business.

The only drawback at this hotel is that it backs up to the highway, just like all the other hotels nearby. The even numbered rooms are on the highway side, next time I would choose an odd numbered room to see if that could cut down on the constant highway sounds.

Room Tip: Ask for an odd numbered room, which will place you the furthest away from the constant drone of high...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. Getting great feedback from our guests helps in so many ways. I am very glad to hear that the staff made a nice impression. They all sincerely care about our guests and it is comments like this that make it all worth while and rewarding. I am also pleased that you enjoyed the pleantiful breakfast and for sharing your opinions here on TripAdvisor.

As always, we look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

The hotel staff is great! Very efficient and friendly. The hotel is nicely maintained and the Internet is super! I had seven wireless Internet options from which to choose. All of them showed a reasonable signal on my iPad! I have never had that before. The room was very clean. Breakfast was up to HI Express standards. The server was excellent. In fact, every employee was helpful and nice. Four pillows per bed; I like that!

There are some things that need attention. Easy fixes. Two of the towels were ripped along the edge. This may sound minor, but it is annoying. The facial tissue was so cheap that it tore as we pulled it out of the dispenser! That may save the hotel $.25 a box, but each customer waste about half of the tissues because of how fragile they are. The two ply toilet paper is another false economy. It was impossible to keep the two plies together. It was more like two rolls of one-ply toilet paper on the same roll.

Overall an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express of Kalamazoo! I greatly appreciate the constructive feedback and will be making steps towards efficiently taking care of the suggestions provided.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future!
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

this was my 2nd stay. what brought me back was the front staff desk person jennifer !! the 2nd time was the front staff desk person abby !! karissa you have 2 very good representatives of your Holiday Inn :) these ladies especially will bring me back many more times with their customer service skills and the rest of the staffs attention to detail of both cleanliness and breakfast !

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
KBaker041484, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
jean m,

Thank you for the great feedback! We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!