“Martell's” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Martell's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I recently went to Martell's for our wedding anniversary. The ambiance of the dining area was very nice, although a little noisy, and we had a great server (Rachel) who was very friendly and prompt. Our meals were very tasty and well presented. I wasn't blown away by anything, but overall it was a good experience and I would go back in the future.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cleveland, OH
“Great View, Disappointing Food for the Health Conscious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The restaurant is lovely and the view of the pond is spectacular. Unfortunately, the menu is a disaster for anyone who likes fresh, healthy food that isn't drenched in sugar and dairy. I've never seen so many salads with sugar coated nuts and cheese. The veggie burger was disgusting and the green beans they put on the side when I requested no bun were drenched in so much butter (which I asked not be included) that they were not edible.

Luckily I don't find myself in Kalamazoo often but you can be sure that the next time I'm there, I won't be eating at Martell's.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Martell's offers a nice menu with many different options. Tried and liked the four cheese ravioli for dinner and the cranberry bread pudding for dessert. Restaurant offers a view of a small lake.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful Place for a Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We invited 17 people for a prefixed menu, and had a private room. Service, food and pricing was great

Visited July 2013
Portage, Michigan, United States
“Company Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went here last night for my husband company dinner. We had a room that would hold a 100 people separated from the other diners. Cocktail hour was nice, I had a strawberry daiquiri and my husband rum and coke. For dinner we were given only four choices, so was sad about that because I wanted to try their pasta. Our choices were Chicken Marsala, Vegetable Strudel, Almond Crusted Pike Perch and Filet Mignon. I chose the Almond Crusted Pike Perch, we were each served the house salad, which was baby field greens with dried apricots, ripe brie, candie walnuts and tangerine vinaigrette. That was one great salad. The Almond Crusted Pike Perch came with a mustard-chive cream sauce so if you don't like mustard you may not like this. I for one liked it alot. Over all dinner was very good and would like to go back some other time.

• Visited April 2013