We came into town with the Midwestern Synchronized Ice Skating Competiton. We had three teams of skaters and parents. The bad was when we arrived we had to wait a long time to check in. It was11:30pm and they were short rooms due to a snowstorm and allowing guests to stay when they knew they had about 80 families arriving. It took about 20 minutes per guest to check in and they were switching rooms and asking for people to room togeather. My room was switched from two doubles to a King. But, it happened to be fine for me. By the time I got into my room it was almost 12:30am and the girls needed to be up at 5am for ice practice. Later I came to find out that the General Manager was the one checking us all in. She never told us that and didn't offer us any discount to our room rates for the hassle. Also, some rooms were charged to other credit cards when they checked out. Also, sent a family to a room that had a guest in it already. On to the good...My room... What a pleasant surprize it was spotless. Very Clean. I was really dreading it because I wondered how clean could a room be with full fridge, sink,etc. But, I was shocked how clean it was. The bed was soft. The pillows great. I was very happy. The only thing is our bathtub drained really slow so when you showered it was up to my ankles. The young lady Odessa was very sweet in the morning and she did anything she could to help. Supplied towels with no problem. My daughter became ill late on Saturday night and was in need of some meds from a 24 hr Pharmacy at Walgreens. The woman who worked the front desk was wonderful (wished I had gotten her name too) she helped me figure out which walgreens was near and she even called to see if they were open. I was going to take a taxi but Michael who was just getting off shift offered to drive me. I was floored. That was SO kind seeing since it was so late at night 11:30pm and it was snowing hard and very icy. He said it would be faster then the taxi so I could get back and give my daughter her meds and get to bed. He was so pleasant and nice and he took me and brought me back. I told him I think he should be the gm of the hotel as he went way above and beyond to help a mom out in the middle of the night in the middle of the town where I had no clue where anything was. I will never forget his kindness and someday I too will pay it forward. Thank you Michael! ps our girls won our divsion and we are off to Nationals. :) So in ending...Candlewood has a great staff and nice rooms. i would stay again. However, I believe the GM could learn from her staff on how to treat her guests.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo Hotel Kalamazoo
- Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Extended Stay Hotel in Kalamazoo. Part of the IHG Holiday Inn Family so you get Priority Club Rewards Points for staying with us. We're centrally located right off I-94 exit 80 for Sprinkle Road. Each suite includes a full kitchen with everything you need to start cooking. Each suite also has a 32 inch flat screen TV, wired and wireless hi speed internet for free, free fitness and business center and free laundry facilities. Food and beverages available onsite in our Candlewood Cupboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Venere so you can book your Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.