“Candlewood help take the stress out of my relo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Candlewood help take the stress out of my relo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Really enjoyed the nearly 3 months I stayed at the Candlewood in Kalamazoo. All of the staff very nice, polite, and very accomidating to all of my request. The rooms were clean, up to date and well taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Debbie M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
When you are away from home, the last thing you need is stress. We are happy that we helped remove the stress from your life! Please visit us again on your next trip to Kalamazoo.

Debbie Mahone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Madison, Alabama, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Not a big thing, but the night I got there (Sunday), I was going to do some cooking and noticed that there was no frying pan. I stay at Candelwood's regularly, so I know what it supposed to be there. I called the front desk that night and the very polite female who answered offered to find one that night. I told her not to hurry, tomorrow would be fine. Next day, no pan. Tuesday, no pan, called front desk again. Wednesday, no pan, called again. Thursday, the pan was waiting when I got in from work.
A more disconcerting problem concerned maintenance. My first night I also noticed that the 3-latch lock on the door was only engaging one catch. I gave it several increasingly strong slams trying to get it to latch, but it would not. I also reportted this when I called about the frying pan. Returning the next night (Monday), I used the key card and tried to turn the door handle, but it wouldn't budge. My first thought was that the repair had gone poorly and now the lockset was jammed. I tried it again, and using a great deal of weight, was able to force the handle to open. Apparently, whoever got the call to fix this lockset thought that slamming the hell out of it was the cure. I didn't report this while there. Anybody that ignorant, who has access to my room when I'm away, I didn't want to give a reason to sabotage my room or my things. Maybe just a coincidence, but I got a wake-up call at 4:45 the next morning that I didn't request. I didn't have to be up until 6:00 that day.

Room Tip: Front desk personnel are very good. Communication with other hotel divisions may need work. Took 4 d...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Rick C,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our helpful front desk staff as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. However, we deeply apologize if some aspects of our hotel did not meet your expectations on this day. I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the unacceptable customer service and maintenance services. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Thank you again for your review. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed here a while back I just hadn't been able to do this review, but I can say that the people are Great! Always there very helpful. The managers reception is always great! Beds are the best that I have slept on very comfortable. I would come back next time I am in Kalamazoo. I love the location its away from the noise of the city, but safe.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Debbie M, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our weekly Manager's Reception. On behalf of our entire Candlewood team, we Thank You!

Ovid, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Candlewood while attending a 2 day conference. The full kitchen is wonderful! I was able to bring my own food to make instead of having to go out to restaurants. Much healthier! The only complaint I had was the dishwasher did not work during my stay. It was obvious that it had been out of order for quite awhile because it had standing, stinky water in the bottom of it. The maintenance staff did fix it during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, as well as your full kitchen! Our aim is to ensure every guest has a great stay, and we are happy that you did. We do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your dishwasher, and are happy that our maintenance technician was able to address the issue. Please visit us again should you return to the Kalamazoo area!

Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a third floor room. We could clearly hear the TV in the room next to us as we'll as the person walking around the room above us (all night long). Other than that the hotel was fairly new and very clean.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Though we are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, we do apologize for the noise issue you encountered. In an attempt to ensure the comfort and relaxation of all of our valued guests, we try to proactively follow up on any noise concerns brought to our attention. I do apologize for the noise you encountered. Again, we do appreicate your choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again on a future stay.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I called and asked a few questions, the staff was totally understanding and accomodating with me. You can't find a better place to stay to make you feel like you are in a small apartment. blah blah blah blah, enough yet?

Room Tip: Top floor is always the quietest. Far enough from the highway to not hear traffic. I am a day slee...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We whole-heartedly appreciate your heartfelt comments! It brings us no greater joy than for our guests to tell us that we made them feel at home! Honestly, this is the whole spirt of hospitality and the very reason why we open our doors each day. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It is our privilege to serve you.

Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The rooms are large and comfortable. I have used this property in the past and have been very pleased. It has a small pantry and does not provide breakfast. The staff has always been attentive and responsive. The desk space will handle a lap top and small portable printer, makes conducting business easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and also delighted that you were pleased with our staff! Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites in Kalamazoo, and we hope to see you again soon!

Debbie Mahone

Been to Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!