“Very nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
Ovid, Michigan
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay at Candlewood while attending a 2 day conference. The full kitchen is wonderful! I was able to bring my own food to make instead of having to go out to restaurants. Much healthier! The only complaint I had was the dishwasher did not work during my stay. It was obvious that it had been out of order for quite awhile because it had standing, stinky water in the bottom of it. The maintenance staff did fix it during my stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, as well as your full kitchen! Our aim is to ensure every guest has a great stay, and we are happy that you did. We do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your dishwasher, and are happy that our maintenance technician was able to address the issue. Please visit us again should you return to the Kalamazoo area!

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We had a third floor room. We could clearly hear the TV in the room next to us as we'll as the person walking around the room above us (all night long). Other than that the hotel was fairly new and very clean.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Though we are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, we do apologize for the noise issue you encountered. In an attempt to ensure the comfort and relaxation of all of our valued guests, we try to proactively follow up on any noise concerns brought to our attention. I do apologize for the noise you encountered. Again, we do appreicate your choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again on a future stay.

Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I called and asked a few questions, the staff was totally understanding and accomodating with me. You can't find a better place to stay to make you feel like you are in a small apartment. blah blah blah blah, enough yet?

Room Tip: Top floor is always the quietest. Far enough from the highway to not hear traffic. I am a day slee...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We whole-heartedly appreciate your heartfelt comments! It brings us no greater joy than for our guests to tell us that we made them feel at home! Honestly, this is the whole spirt of hospitality and the very reason why we open our doors each day. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It is our privilege to serve you.

Beavercreek, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The rooms are large and comfortable. I have used this property in the past and have been very pleased. It has a small pantry and does not provide breakfast. The staff has always been attentive and responsive. The desk space will handle a lap top and small portable printer, makes conducting business easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and also delighted that you were pleased with our staff! Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites in Kalamazoo, and we hope to see you again soon!

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I enjoyed my room, the friendly individual that was so helpful. Candlewood had the necessary items I needed to make my stay very enjoyable. I would and already have recommended Candlewood to a couple of friends. Yes, I would look forward to my traveling and know where I would first inquiry. This was first time as a guest, may I reassure you that it won't be a last.

Thank you again for your hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
On behalf of our entire Candlewood team --- many thanks for your kind words! Our aim is to ensure that EVERY guest enjoys EVERY stay, EVERY day. We are happy that you did! Also, we thank you for recommending us to your friends. Please visit us again on your next visit to Kalamazoo!

Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Convenient location, close to highway exits yet very quiet. We enjoyed our room while visiting family in Kalamazoo. Very clean and comfortable. We've stayed here in the past and enjoy the comfort and layout of the rooms. We even were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a one bedroom suite but declined as we found the room we had was more than ample for our two-day stay. I especially liked the room darkening shades to block out the light as I am sensitive to light when sleeping.

Room Tip: These suites are nice enough for extended stays while vacationing in the area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
debbiem12, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are happy to have been able to accommodate you during the visit with your family! Please stay with us again on your next trip to Kalamazoo. Your Candlewood "family" thanks you!

Candlewood Suites-Kalamazoo
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Truly up to the high standards of the Candlewood chain: extremely clean, and a perfect little kitchen with full-size fridge. We liked it's quiet location, especially being so near to I-94.
The gentleman who checked us in was very nice and had a witty reply to my question when I asked what time they rolled-out the breakfast buffet: he said that their breakfast sandwiches (from their lobby pantry) are available 24x7 and are very tasty when microwaved by us up in our room!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are pleased and delighted that you were happy with your accommodations and with the "witty reply" of our Guest Services Associate (Michael)! When I shared your cheerful comments with him ..... that gave him such a chuckle and made his day! Our entire Candlewood family thanks you for your stay!

Candlewood Suites-Kalamazoo

Been to Candlewood Suites Kalamazoo? Share your experiences!