“The New Kalamazoo Review” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #15 of 31 hotels in Kalamazoo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Elsinore, California, Usa
“The New Kalamazoo Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here 1 night - I'm a Diamond Level Rewards member so I get free uprades and they put me in one of the better rooms w/ the jacuzzi hot tub. Placed seemed pretty descent to me no real complaints except for the mattress that needs to be replaced as it is very uncomfortable. I was so tired I could have slept standing up if I had to.. Overall its a nice place to spend some time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your review, and for being a loyal Best Western Rewards member. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found the hotel nice. We are a rather newly renovated property, and I apologize that you found your mattress uncomfortable as this is not common. We will be looking into this matter immediately to have it corrected.

Thanks again for your comments and your continued business.

Take Care,

Steven.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The room was big enough for my family of five. I even was able to bring my puppy of five months old!!

The breakfast was good. The oranges were very hard though.

The hotel was sold out for the night. There was a baseball team staying there. The teens were normal teens a little loud but I didn't hear them in our room.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the second floor. It's close enough to the pool but far away enough from the noi...
Green Features: It seemed to be environmentally friendly. The towels were clean and fresh in the pool area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dianna,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel, we appreciate your comments and your business. I am glad you found your guest suite accommodating for your family, we are proud to offer some of the larger suites in the area. Even though we were sold out during your stay, I am glad to hear that the noise was never a disturbance, and that you enjoyed your breakfast. Now that some nicer weather is here we will try to get some juicier oranges for you!

I hope that you had a great Mother's Day weekend, and we hope to see you and your puppy again.

Steven.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I rented 3 queen suites for my Girl Scout troop and was superbly happy with the experience. Most spacious rooms I've ever encountered, super clean, and extensive free breakfast. Would definitely return

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Sharon,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, we were glad to have you. Our over-sized standard guest suites see to work very well for small groups, and we are happy to hear that you found these very accommodating. Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kalamazoo!

Warm Regards,

Elgin IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay here when visiting my student at WMU. Five minutes straight down stadium to the school. Good location for reaching downtown K-Zoo easily. Immaculate hotel. Super comfortable beds. QUIET. Only request - please turn up the heat in the pool. The water is cold!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear MamaStewie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and comment on our property. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed being our guest. The hotel is very close to WMU, and we hope to see you again when visiting your student. We try to keep our pool water at a constant temperature of 85 degrees year round, and I have just cranked it up a little per your request. Next time you are coming to town to visit please feel free to contact me directly, I would love to thank you in person for your comments and continued business, and also make sure the water temperature is too your liking prior to your arrival.

Don't forget about our WMU Visitors Discounts!

Thanks Again,

In Yo Head
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

On a cold rainy night in april, driving with one headlight in the black, i pulled into kalamazoo at midnight and made my way to my safe haven for the night. Check in was quick and easy but as i stood in the elevator i became worried. It seems to be stabbing a small child as it moves from floor to floor. Luckily my party survived and we strolled down the hallway to our room.

Idk what the others say, but my room was a King bed with Jacuzzi. HINT: Jacuzzi may seem broken but you just need to push insanely hard and hold for a few to get it to turn on.
The room looked just like the professional pictures in the ads. The room was clean, smelled good, and bed was soft.

$25 pet fee per stay
You wont find a better value Jacuzzi room anywhere close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StevenHatto, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi Ben,

Thank you so much for your comments and kind review! We appreciate your business and feedback, and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy that you found your Jacuzzi Suite clean and comfortable, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Kalamazoo, Michigan, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Only one person at the front desk during peak check in time. No one monitoring the pool area or replacing towels. To top it off having to wait for two hours for maintenance to break into my room because the lock didn't work.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StevenHatto, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear StevenC,

Thank you for your time and leaving your comments on our property, we appreciate all feedback from our guests. I would like to apologize for the malfunction of your room lock, and traffic in the pool area. We do not have a lifeguard or pool attendant on duty, and typically try to refill the pool towels on a regular basis, and apologize that this was not the case during your stay.

Once again thank you for your comments and your business, please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire staff.

Take Care,

Steve.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Kalamazoo Suites? Share your experiences!