“Chani friendy attitude and food is the best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 290 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Chani friendy attitude and food is the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012 via mobile

We, my coworkers and I, eat at saffrons for lunch at least a couple of times a month. We get a togo plate that Chani makes up for us from the lunch bar which consists of tandori chicken, some other sides of potato chick peas and other curry dishes that vary from time to time, always delicious!!! The luck also includes amble amount of flan bread, a dish of fruit and veggie medley and somevrice pudding!!!! Very yummy!!!!!!!!! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Waterloo, Canada
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Loved the choices! Wait staff was most helpful. Tasty dishes! Definitely would go again.

Visited December 2011
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I LOVE Indian food, but it is extremely difficult to find good Indian restaurants. I had read the great reviews and was so excited to try Saffron. We liked the appetizers, but were very disappointed with our entrees. There were three of us, and not one of us finished our meal. We didn't even bother having them boxed to take home, it was that bad.

Visited September 2011
New York City, New York
“Probably the best Indian I've ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Saffron has, more-or-less, the same dishes that any other Indian restaurant I've been to has had on their menu; only they do it better. My favorite places before this were in NYC and Indiana (of all places), but Saffron honestly has them beat.

I usually start with vegetable samosas -- theirs are a little different than most I've seen, but very tasty all the same, and served with two delicious sauces. I tend to get entree items like Chana Saag, Chicken Tikka Masala, or anything that's spicy and part of a stew or sauce. They have an awesome array of Naan flatbread to accompany (especially the garlic and the paneer), and their Kheer (rice pudding) is fantastic for dessert. They actually put shaved almonds in the Kheer, and it gives it this awesome texture that I had not seen done prior.

This is the best place I have been in Kalamazoo. Check it out if you like Indian food (and if you have never tried it, order what I listed above).

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Petoskey, Michigan
“Wonderful Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have been enjoying Saffron since it was first opened. It is wonderful to see how they have developed and created such a huge fan base. The atmosphere is pleasing and comfortable and the service is always attentive, but not overly so. The samosa's appetizers are exceptional and made fresh to order. I would recommend any of the entrees but I must say, hands down my favorite is Chicken Tiki Masala. The chefs will customize the degree of hotness you prefer. The lamb dishes are always excellent and my husband has been delighted with them all. Not to be missed is the weekly Saturday Buffet. It gives you a chance to sample many various dishes and to especially be wowed by the vegetarian selections. Offerings change weekly, so you can experience many different selections. Authentic and delightful Indian food!

• Visited July 2011