“Great Stays in Kalamazoo” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free room upgrade
Ranked #1 of 5 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Stays in Kalamazoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I have a daughter who is a freshman at Kalamazoo College. We (me, my wife and several times, 2 of my kids) have stayed the the Kalamazoo House B&B for 5 different trips over the last year, including 4 times in the last few months. The K-House is an absolutely wonderful B&B in every respect. First, and most important, Laurel and Terry are exceptionally warm hosts and do whatever they can to make the stay comfortable. We have enjoyed our conversations with both of them; they are interested and interesting. They have a wealth of information about the area and are happy to share it; however, they are never intrusive. As others have pointed out, the B&B is extremely well located, within walking (or short driving) distance to K College, WMU and downtown Kalamazoo. The rooms are extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean. The B&B is also very quiet at night - little street noise and little noise from other guests. The breakfasts are exceptional, with a degree of choice practically unheard of in a small inn or B&B. The last two times we stayed here, we chose totally delicious oatmeal for breakfast; Terry was happy to make it for us, even though it wasn't listed as a choice for that morning's breakfast. Terry and Laurel also provide a number of wonderful extra touches - fresh flowers and drinking waterin the room, a fine selection of DVDs, bathrobes - these are just a few of such thoughtful additions. And I haven't even mentioned the chocolate chip cookies! This warm, welcoming and extremely comfortable B&B has really made us feel that we are visiting friends each time we come to Kalamazoo. We would never think of staying elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way back from Northern Michigan. Our room and bathroom (#9) were both spacious and clean. When we arrived we were shown around the beautiful first floor area and were asked to select from 5 different breakfast options for the next morning. The Kalamazoo House location is truly perfect for walking to downtown and to Bells Brewery. Chocolate chip cookies and milk were awaiting us when we returned from our evening out. For breakfast, my husband chose the chorizo and scrambled eggs and I picked the apple cinnamon pancakes. Both were very good. We highly recommend the Kalamazoo House to anyone heading that direction. We hope to return again soon and spend more time enjoying the beautiful home. Thank you, Innkeepers, Laurel and Terry!

• Stayed October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here so I could attend the K-College Reunion. The stay was delightful... Laurel & Terry are the ideal B&B hosts - helpful, accommodating and personable. The variety of breakfast choices was surprising and the warm cookies at night were a nice touch. It's a lovely home and our 3rd floor room was comfortable and offered plenty of charm. The location was ideal... within walking distance of the campus and close to the shops and eateries of downtown. I'd definitely recommend Kalamazoo House for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Was fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to visit Kalamazoo for 2weeks for work.. We were put up in The Kalamazoo House.. The house is beautiful inside and out.. Attention to details of highlighting its historic stature in Kalamazoo, while providing all the modern amenities necessary to remain connected.. The only thing that could have even come close to such fantastic accommodations is the attentiveness of the owners Terry and Laurel.. They were on top of everything and just an amazing couple to get to know.. I travel the world for my job and I can honestly say that Kalamazoo, it's people, accommodations and overall energy was one of my favorite places I have visited in years.. My wife and I will be returning within the year and look forward to returning to The Kalamazoo House..

Cheers to Terry, Laurel and the rest of your gracious staff..

The Glass Maker from Ohio State ;-)

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Champaign, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We just got home from a great weekend stay at the Kalamazoo House, Laurel & Terry were exceptional hostess & host. Terry fixed breakfast each day, we were given a multiple choices of food that we could choose from. I had Blueberry pancakes on Saturday and Cajun corn-beef hash today and both were very well cooked, great flavor, my wife had the Banana nut crunch French toast & Quiche and she said both were great, plenty of food. The house is just an exceptional old world (1870's) architecture and in very good condition, I could sit in each room and be transported back to that time. The social time with them and the other guest was very enjoyable. We stayed in room seven which was clean and very comfortable. BTW..the chocolate chip cookies are great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have stayed in B&B's worldwide and the Kalamazoo House is a "keeper". We were in town visiting our daughter. The location was perfect for us...easy on/off expressways and close to our daughter.
We loved the history of the house. Laurel and Terry were wonderful hosts; attentive, yet respectful of our privacy. The gardens are exquisite!
Laurel was helpful in helping me purchase a set of COMPHY sheets that they use on the beds. These are the softest sheets we have ever slept on...like sleeping on whipped cream!
We missed the "happy hour", but we did enjoy the chocolate chip cookies! Maybe next time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our two night stay at the Kalamazoo House was great. The house was beautiful and interesting, our hosts were friendly and attentive, breakfast was varied and bountiful, social time/happy hour at 5:30 with free beer and wine, and warm chocolate chip cookies were very good in the late evening. Highly recommend. Top of our list for B&Bs.

John and Belinda Ford, Knoxville, TN

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kalamazoo House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!