We spent Father's Day through June 28th at this facility, checked out on the 29th. The location affords easy access to Highways I-94 and US 127 for us [but we know the area, used to live in Jackson] so we could get everywhere we needed to be easily.
Our ground floor room was very comfortable, we heard very little noise from the hallway, everything clean, supplies well stocked, and there was a letter waiting on the table giving us a nice birds-eye view of the facility, offering assistance if we found we'd forgotten anything to call Front Desk. The complimentary toiletries are very nice, I do have allergies and none of their products caused any reactions. Also, there were no heavy scents lingering anywhere from cleaning products or air fresheners in the room or public common areas to trigger asthmatic or allergic reactions. My best description would be the facility is kept 'fresh'.
Our bathroom was huge! Over-sized door into the unit and the bathroom to allow wheelchair entrance should you need that luxury. Tub has a built in shower seat that folds up at the back of the tub and is easily released from it's hook. The seat does not slide out of place when in use either. The bottom of the tub is a non-slip built in surface and there are numerous grab bars in and out of the tub that are well placed. My only complaint for the bathroom was the removable shower-head with handle was mounted quite high making it a bit hard for me to get down and back in place, but it had plenty of hose and lots of massage settings. Hot water was never an issue, and the facility was very busy the entire time we were there.
[Complimentary] Breakfast is available for guests between 6 and 10am [but we have several favorite restaurants only available to us when on vacation back home so we ate out]. Hubby would go get a cup of coffee each morning, reporting back what was offered that morning. Considering this type of free buffet is usually kept very basic, this facility actually spiced up the same-old-things by offering variations of scrambled eggs or different pastries, or gravy and biscuits, or different cut fresh fruit, etc. Quite a nice surprise to find that the Hampton does care about keeping breakfast a thing you could look forward to! They even offered at the Front Desk Breakfast-to-go in a brown paper bag with stickers telling you what kind of muffin, whole fruit, etc was in that bag! Zip through and grab your breakfast beverages to go of choice and a take-out brown bag [not sure if you need to put in a request for a to-go breakfast].
Indoor pool and jacuzzi area had a lot of seating, towels on hand for use so you weren't having to take the ones in your room there. Even when children were whooping it up while playing in the pool, the noise was well contained in that room. We were in 107 close to the pool room and heard not a peep in the room. We had use of the fitness and laundry facilities for guests if we chose to go there. Vending machines and ice easily available.
The staff at this facility are wonderful! I was impressed to see they all meet in the breakfast dining area after the guests have all been fed and they plan out how best to accomplish today's to-do itinerary as a friendly group and a team. They all cared that their guests were having a wonderful time.
I will say, if you require cooking and food storage facilities such as a kitchenette, this may not be the place for you. Our room did not have a small refrigerator, etc, but we didn't need a kitchenette. That would be something you'd need to ask about.
We will use this facility as our home away from home when we go see our family and friends in Jackson from now on.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Jackson Hotel Jackson
- Hampton Inn Jackson Hotel
- Jackson Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps you've come to the area around our hotel in Jackson for our Hot Air Jubilee or Civil War Muster. Maybe you've come to catch a world-class production at the Michigan Shakespeare Festival or come to play a spot of golf. Whatever has brought you to our city, we invite you to stay with us at our warm and welcoming Hampton Inn Jackson hotel.Feel at home in a warm and inviting guest room with a thoughtful range of amenities such as free high-speed internet and a handy lap desk so you can type away while you watch TV. When you're ready for some rest, settle in for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our clean and fresh Hampton bed ®. Wake up refreshed and start your day right with Hampton’s free hot breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.