“You get what you pay for, I guess....” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
“You get what you pay for, I guess....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

Well, for $40, what can you really expect?

This place doubles as a "residential" motel, so one entire wing is devoted to permanent residents. The rest of the motel is occupied by truckers and utility workers. I found the motel fairly quiet, even though there are a number of young children and teenagers who live there with their parents/extended family.

My non-smoking room was surprisingly not as stinky as anticipated, although smoke did seem to emanate from the "non-smoking" hallway and the other "non-smoking" rooms around me. The room was large and clean, surprisingly outfitted with a large, new-ish bar fridge and microwave. The clothing hangers and rack were rusty, however, and the bathroom was in dire need of remodelling. The water does smell odd, but I discovered that this is because they draw their water from a well --so it can smell a bit mineral-y or a bit like sulphur (I went to a restaurant a few exits away and noticed that the water there had the same smell). My toilet had not been flushed after use when I arrived, but hey, I've had that happen to me at some very fancy 4-star places, too (presumably by a hotel worker stopping by to relieve him/herself)! The towels were a bit grey (something to do with the well water) and definitely threadbare. I didn't see any bugs (as the other reviews mentioned), although I did see an insect trap hidden behind the toilet in the bathroom.

Wireless internet throughout, with a very strong signal in each of the wings. The breakfast is a low-end crumbly cereal, coffee, and watery juice.

I chose this motel because it seemed conveniently located off the Interstate (Exit 141); however, there are no eating establishments in the vicinity, so you'll have to drive a few exits to find something to eat. It actually is quite isolated and, well, desolate. I suppose that might be why it's pretty quiet. If you must stay in/around the Jackson area, I'd suggest something around Exit 136 --there were a number of hotels/motels there, as well as a bunch of restaurants (where I ate) and a strip mall with a Best Buy, Kohls, etc.

It's tolerable in a pinch, and I've stayed in worse. I felt pretty safe, although I did feel the need to park my car somewhere very visible.

• Liked — Free wireless internet (and strong signal)
  • Disliked — Bathroom; general location; stink of cigarettes in "non-smoking" areas
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

When I checked in, a note telling guests to watch out for Box Elder bugs was posted. Upon entering my room, I killed 2 spiders. That's not the worst about the 1.5 hours I stayed in this nasty hotel. When I went to wash, the water smelled so bad that it made me sick! Literally Sick! I left and found a clean hotel with out bugs!

Stayed May 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

My daughter is playing in an All-Star tournament here in Jackson. We have had our room booked for almost two months.
We have not had water for over six hours now.
Our room has an odor that is, well, a cross between smoke, feet and really bad body odor.
Our water was off for ONLY 3 hours yesterday.
I would leave, but there is some kind of race this week and no rooms anywhere else.
Im thinking seriously about just sleeping in the car.
I will never, ever stay here again.
The smell, the water situation, this place is just nasty.

• Stayed July 2006
Toledo, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2005

The place was a wreck. Broken windows (glass and all), kids running everywhere, and the place is trashed. The first thing you'll notice is the stale cigarette smoke. Carpet is coming off the floor. The rooms are filthy, stained sheets, musty smell, no elevator, filthy carpet.....

If you are considering staying here...be prepared to sleep in your car. I'll never do it again, and I'll never stay at a Travelodge again. I can't believe the State or City hasn't shut the place down.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Jackson Travelodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Jackson Travelodge

Address: 901 Rosehill Dr., Jackson, MI 49202
Location: United States > Michigan > Jackson
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Hotel Class:2 star — Jackson Travelodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Jackson Travelodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Jackson Travelodge Hotel Jackson
Travelodge Jackson
Travel Lodge Jackson
Jackson Travel Lodge

If you own or manage Jackson Travelodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.