“Not worth the cost” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3506 O'Neill Drive, Jackson, MI 49202 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Jackson, MI)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Jackson
Jackson, United States
“Not worth the cost”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Bed was lumpy, sheets were very threadbare, shower rod about to fall off the hinges, wall paper peeling. There was a noticeable amount of air freshener throughout the hallways and elevator that was overpowering.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel when we were in Michigan. What a surprise...the rooms were very large and comfortable. The room was set up to accommodate people with disabilities so the room and bathroom were very spacious. Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable and the location was conveniently located beside a highway and close to restaurants. The only area I was not happy about was when I checked in. The reservation was under my husband's name and I was checking in and the girl at the front desk insisted he had to come even thought I showed her I had his passport. Of all the hotels I stayed at, this was the first time I could not check us in on my husband's reservation. Also the hotel offered complimentary WIFI but we keep getting an error message "too many subscribers are logged in, please try again later".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
West Greenwich, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stay here when I travel to our facility in Michigan. It's a great location near restaurants and work. However, the hotel is older and definitely needs some updates AND soundproofing. I could hear the man next door snoring all night! Rooms are very clean. However, there is no restaurant so you have to go out for dinner. They have a basic breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mount Vernon, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The workers here are friendly but the place is getting a little dated. I stay here regularly for work and have been doing so for over eight years. The rooms are not as sound proof as I would like but the beds are comfortable. When I stayed here last (June 2014) the AC in my room was not working quite right. It would cycle on and off but not really get cool. The breakfast is adequate and the coffee is pretty good. I will likely stay here again because it is close to the office I visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We found this hotel by chance as we were passing through and were very pleased . The hotel was very clean and the the staff could not be more accommodating, especially Jessica upon check in and Nancy in the b'fast area in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I can overlook nearly anything if the staff is attentive. Our check-in required some room changes at our party's request. The staff was very understanding and switched us around with no issues. We only anticipated one nights stay. However there was a medical issued that required a second night. The staff held a room for us and was very efficient.

We did not use pool. The rooms were clean and quiet, even the one by the pool on the second night. The breakfast area is too small for the weekend traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Highs...Service was good enough. Room was clean. Room was comfortable. We both slept well.
Lows...Room had some nicked up furniture. Breakfast room is too small, limiting both selection and seating. Because of that, 4 stars instead of 5. But still a very good value overall.

Room Tip: Top floor please.