“Ok, staff friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Jackson
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Ok, staff friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The workers here are friendly but the place is getting a little dated. I stay here regularly for work and have been doing so for over eight years. The rooms are not as sound proof as I would like but the beds are comfortable. When I stayed here last (June 2014) the AC in my room was not working quite right. It would cycle on and off but not really get cool. The breakfast is adequate and the coffee is pretty good. I will likely stay here again because it is close to the office I visit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Phoenix, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We found this hotel by chance as we were passing through and were very pleased . The hotel was very clean and the the staff could not be more accommodating, especially Jessica upon check in and Nancy in the b'fast area in the morning. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I can overlook nearly anything if the staff is attentive. Our check-in required some room changes at our party's request. The staff was very understanding and switched us around with no issues. We only anticipated one nights stay. However there was a medical issued that required a second night. The staff held a room for us and was very efficient.

We did not use pool. The rooms were clean and quiet, even the one by the pool on the second night. The breakfast area is too small for the weekend traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Frankfort, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Highs...Service was good enough. Room was clean. Room was comfortable. We both slept well.
Lows...Room had some nicked up furniture. Breakfast room is too small, limiting both selection and seating. Because of that, 4 stars instead of 5. But still a very good value overall.

Room Tip: Top floor please.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hastings, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I used to travel to Jackson four or five times each year and would always stay in this hotel. I haven't been here in almost a year, and the property is really beginning to go downhill. While it's still an average hotel, The maintenance and attention to details are really beginning to lack. I had a broken mirror in my room, the top of the shower bathroom mirror and light fixtures were all dusty, I got a splinter reaching for a tissue, and the wallpaper is beginning to peel in some spots. The room was average, the bed was average, and my stay was just what you would expect for an average hotel. It's a shame because this used to be one of my favorite places to stay and I would specifically request this hotel but it's obvious that things are starting to get worn out and are not being replaced. The exercise room is tiny and doesn't accommodate more than a few guests comfortably. The pool was a bit chilly but manageable however, the chlorine smell was enough to not make you want to spend more than a few minutes there. Breakfast is about what you would expect for a hotel and I was fairly pleased. The hotel staff is generally friendly and tries to accommodate any requests. No, I didn't bring up the minor maintenance issues during my stay because it's hardly worth complaining about the little things when you're staying for a week as I was. I didn't expect anyone to come and re-wallpaper my room while I was here! The next time I am in Jackson, I will most likely take my company's recommendation and try another one of the newer options in town. It really is a shame because I used to love this hotel. The one thing the hotel still has going for it is that the staff really goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Hopefully they will get their act together in the coming months as I would love to continue this hotel as my main option when in town

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Jackson, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Jackson, MI for Valentine's Day (2014). Stayed in the jacuzzi suite. It was clean other than some couple cob webs in the corners of the sealing. But I'm not complaining, just pointing it out. I noticed that there were kids under 18 in the pool when my husband & I wanted to enjoy both,the pool & the hot tub after 11pm. The employees don't care about the hotel rules which is why I'm putting my reviews out there. They need to follow hotel rules when adults would like their privacy. & not to mention, rules also stated to have adult supervision under 18, there were no parents or adults around to supervise. We were irritated on that subject but our stay was nice. We had a special request to have the wine ready when we checked in. Received a nice note that it was in the frig when we got there. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Monroe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Took a group of families up for a youth basketball tournament. Was forced to change to this area as a tournament in another city cancelled. 3 weeks before arriving, tried to get management to arrange a deal for our group needing 7 rooms for 1-2 nights. Never would even talk to me. Spent a ridiculous $127 a night per room. Beds were stiff and uncomfortable, could not control room temperature, reported it to front desk & received no help. It stayed 76-80 degrees! Pool water was freezing cold & chlorine level burnt your eyes. Another large group came in, saying they lived nearby. Was awkward?! It seemed to be a family meeting place with one of the employees. Young girls knocked on our teams doors through the day & night. Had a great experience at our tournament, but the hotel experience left a lot to be desired!

• Stayed January 2014
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Jackson, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your recent stay. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope for another chance in the future to exceed your expectations!

Travelers are raving about these Jackson hotels

Been to Country Inn & Suites Jackson? Share your experiences!